Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Cookies

When Nathan and I started dating, one of the things that struck me most quickly, well, you know besides being totally twitterpated (we’re talking Bambi, not social media) was how different our taste in food was.

Nathan grew up on meatloaf, I grew up on grain burgers (barf, by the way . . . you really dropped the ball on that one, mom).  Where Nathan had potato salad, I had tabbouleh.  You get the idea.

Growing up in my house we had to try everything from the vegetarian chili to the tofu scramble.  So I was shocked to meet an adult man who had never had rice before.  But then, Nathan couldn’t really believe that I’d never had a steak.  (Nathan might be the more flexible one . . . he’s totally bought into rice thing, and I’m still not really sold on a big hunk of red meat.)

Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Cookies that taste like they came from a bakery, but they have only a few ingredients and come together super easily! via www.wineandglue.com

But it wasn’t just our tastes in regular meal food, it went to desserts too!  Nathan is a huge ice cream fan, and I think it’s just okay (I’m actually kind of cringing at the thought of what he is going to say when he reads the words “just okay”).

Give me a decadent Nutella filled pastry or a cake batter flavored . . . anything!  Nathan would probably rather have ice cream, and if he can’t have that, he’ll take a box of sour patch kids please.  (Or some Red Vines . . . or maybe just a giant Code Red . . . is it possible I’m married to a 15 year old boy?)

So when I made these Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Cookies and Nathan tried one . . and then liked them (!!!) . . . like reeeeeeeeeeeeaaally liked them . . .  I felt like a total rock star.  I especially felt like a rock star because they are ridiculously simple to make, so simple in fact, that the pictures have been on my computer for months because I was mildly embarrassed to share them with the blogging world.

I wasn’t sure if the flavors of Cinnamon Roll (a Duncan Hines flavor packet) and Cheesecake (a pudding flavor) would mesh well, but they are so good.  Especially with the white chocolate thrown in.  If you haven’t put pudding mix in your baked goods yet, run out to the store and by a box (or seventeen).  You just use the dry mix and it makes everything that much more flavorful and moist.

Finding a flavor of anything that Nathan and I both love?  Win.

These cookies?  Super Win.

UPDATE:  Duncan Hines discontinued their flavor packets so the recipe has been updated to reflect a substitution.  Happy baking!

Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Cookies

• 1 package sugar cookie mix plus the ingredients to make the cookies
  • 1 TBSP brown sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 box of Cheesecake Flavor Pudding mix (just the dry mix)
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips

1. Preheat your oven according to the directions on the cookie mix.
  2. Combine all of your ingredients. Make one inch sized balls out of the cookie mix and space an two inches apart on parchment paper or a silicone mat . Bake according to the instructions on the cookie package or until the cookies begin to turn golden at the edges. It took my cookies about 15 minutes.

This post contains affiliate links, thank you in advance for supporting Wine & Glue.

Comments

1. Sheila Llanas says

Your recipes all sound so addictive! I could eat a batch of these cookies for breakfast right now. Your mom dropping the ball — that comment cracked me up. I’ll be smiling all day over that one.

These cookies look yummy, unique AND easy. So, sign me up! And, just so we’re clear….I ALSO married a 15 year old boy – loves Star Wars, Back to the Future, hates onions, grew up on Hamburger Helper (and I swear would still eat it to this day if I let it in this house), the list goes on and on. But my question for you my dear….what is a CODE RED? Is that a soda? Never heard of it – but my boy grew up on Moxie and it’s a soda that is over the top dis-gust-ing – think cough syrup. Only on the coast of Maine! Gross!

3. Cathy says

These looooook devine! Yum! I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven’t already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday’s at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/.
    I would be honored if you join us and follow to stay connected Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Cathy

It is the pouch, but I don’t know that it really matters. Even if the amounts are a little off (like a box that is an ounce or two more than a pouch) in this recipe, you are really just doctoring up cookies that would cook well on their own. So you should be good!

4. Kristen says

Do you remember what size pouch the cookie mix was? I know there is a couple different sizes; I’d hate to mess up this yummy recipe! :]

5. Leslie says

I baked these tonight, and I have to say that they were AMAZING!! I will definitely be making them again soon! Thanks so much for the recipe!

6. Patricia C says

Hope this isn’t a silly question, but the pudding mix – I’ve never seen/heard of cheesecake flavor. Is it cook/no cook and what is the brand?

Not a silly question at all Patricia! It’s Jello brand, and I found it right in my grocery store with all the other flavors. I actually hadn’t heard of it either until I went looking for a fun flavor to make pudding cookies with! Good luck!

• linda says

I have no idea what I did wrong but my cookies turned out flat and not right! This might be a silly question but along with the sugar cookie package ingredients, the pudding mix calls for 2 cups of milk; am I also adding this in?

I am so sorry it didn’t work out for you Linda! I assume that you did add the other ingredients for the cookie dough? Mine called for butter and an egg. And no, you don’t add the milk for the pudding.

I can see why these are the cookies that won’t quit!! Super easy plus pudding cookies plus delicious!!!!! I can forgive your ice cream ambivalence because these look so super awesome. So funny how you and your husband are on opposite ends of the food spectrum. I’m fortunate to live with a guy that will pretty much eat whatever I give him. He’ll be happy to have these cookies!
    Heather @ Sugar Dish Me recently posted…Lightened Up Chicken Bacon Ranch SandwichesMy Profile

Thanks Jan! They are these little flavor packets in the frosting aisle, and they are kind of amazing. I’ve used them a couple times and really liked them. Ironically I’ve never actually used them for their purpose of flavoring frosting 🙂

8. Kimm says

I made these cookies today and it was a bad idea. They are too yummy and hubby won’t eat them so they must leave the house. I will be taking them to the office tomorrow. To bad for the ladies that planned to start their diet timorrow.

Kimm, you scared me! I thought that they didn’t turn out well! Glad to know they came out just as addictive and rich as always! 🙂 Yes, get them out of the house. Fast!

9. gourmand says

looks soooo yummii!! 🙂 please could you precise the exact mesures?! these sugar mix package and cinamon flavor are not available in my country ! thanx a lot !

Thanks! I’m really sorry, for this particular recipe I can’t give the precise measurements. I just happened to use some handy store bought products to make it.

10. Candice says

Made these cookies for a church function…. They were a huge success! I would have never thought to put pudding mix with cookie dough. Adding those flavor packets!? So good!! I decided to play around with flavor combos and made a chocolate toffee caramel cookie. Same idea, only I used the chocolate pudding, caramel flavoring, and added toffee bits in with chocolate chips. They are rich, but delicious! Thank you SO much for this recipe!!

Candice, first, thank you so much. Hearing that people have tried one of my recipes and liked it makes me happier than you could know. Second, I might have to blog that recipe (with full credit to your genius of course), it sounds amazing!!

11. Kim says

These cookies sounds amaZing and really easy to make. I’m always looking for new recipes for our family cookie exchange. Do you know how many cookies one batch makes? Thanks!

12. katie says

I would love to make these cookies! I’m obsessed with cookies and always bring cookies on trips or tailgates. I love experimenting with new cookies! Could you tell me what the cinnamon roll flavor creation is by Duncan hines. I’m unsure of what that is?

Hi Katie! I actually just added a note to the recipe from a reader who couldn’t find the flavor creations and subbed with brown sugar and cinnamon with great results. Check it out!

I just found this recipe on Pinterest. I am going to make them for my grand girls for Easter. They look and sound like they are wonderful and yummy. Thanks for sharing.

14. Ashley says

For the past few months, I’ve been looking for the JELL-O CeeseCake flavored pudding mix but I couldn’t ever find it but I will always seen the Sugar-Free flavored one. Well yesterday while at Walmart, I finally found it! Today I made this recipe and it turned out great. The first batch was in the oven for 12-13 minutes and those cooled to a hard crunchy cookie. Still good though because they will still get eaten by me lol. The other batches were in the oven for 10 minutes and afterwards, they cooled on the sheet they were baked on for a few more minutes. If anyone had problems finding the the sugar cookie mix to use, I used the Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix sized 17.5 ounce. These cookies are delicious. I will be making these again. Thank you!!