Cheesy Beer Monkey Bread

Delicious Cheesy Beer Monkey Bread combines all the deliciousness of beer bread and melty cheese in monkey bread form! via www.wineandglue.com

Remember a few months back when I posted my Wisconsin Bacon and Cheese Beer Bread?  I wrote all about my dear friend Erin, and how stupid it is that she lives so far away?

Okay, to be fair, I didn’t so much blog about how stupid it is that she lives so far away, but more about the fact that she was having a baby.  A baby!!

Well now that baby is here!!  And he is absolutely adorable and just like the smallest little peanut and I want to squish his cheeks until, even though he is only a few weeks old, he screams, “STOP AUNTIE LISA!!!”

Do you see why I think it is stupid that she lives so far away?

Lucky for me, I get to go visit her and her sweet baby next week!  Maybe while I’m there I will make her some of this Cheesy Beer Monkey Bread and lure her back to Wisconsin so my sweet little baby boy, AHEM, I mean my good friend Erin, can be closer to me!

While we are on the subject of cheese, make sure you check out part one of my Wisconsin Cheese Tour Cheesecation posts!!

wisconsin_cheese_tour

Cheesy Beer Monkey Bread

• 3 1/2 cups self rising flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 12 oz beer
  • 8 oz cheese, cut into cubes
  • 1/2 stick of butter, melted
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 and spray a bunt pan with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, and beer.  Mix until just combined.
  3. The flour is going to be super sticky, but pull of little chunks of it, wrap it around cubes of cheese, dip it in the butter, and drop it into the bunt pan.
  4. Bake for 40 minutes.  It’s best served warm, but is certainly still yummy cold!

Looking for more cheesy beer bread goodness??

easy_good_bacon_cheese_beer_bread

Delicious Cheesy Beer Monkey Bread | www.wineandglue.com | Delicious beer bread and melty cheese in monkey bread form!

Comments

1. Barbara Bradford says

Love Wisconsin, Love your bread recipe. Wonder if you could fill the dough balls with squeaky cheese curds?

2. Hannah says

I added bacon, a la your wisconsin cheddar bacon beer bread recipe. turned out awesome, big hit at a work potluck!

Gabriella, I have never made the beer bread dough ahead of time, so I can’t speak from experience. I would suspect that it would be fine to make it the day before and then just bring it to room temperature for five to ten minutes before baking.

3. Peggy says

My cousin made his and it is absolutely to die for…..I had to make some myself. Mine flopped….I know it was 100% my fault but I can’t figure out what I did wrong. I did add extra cheese and bacon ( I’m sure I’m not the only that did it) and other than that I did it by the recipe….the middle was completely raw Is this supposed to make 2 loaves? The flavor on the good part is sooooooooooo good. I’m gonna try it again….I might also add that I can’t boil water either

Oh no Peggy!!! I’m so sorry this didn’t work for you! Okay, this is what I’m thinking: It’s either your pan or your oven. Ovens have this sneaky way of becoming uncalibrated and they are saying they are baking at one temperature when it’s really not heigh enough. Oooor, your pan. Sometimes old bundt pans are really really thick, and they require a longer cooking time. I would say that the next time you give it a go, you pull it out when it is supposed to be done, and take a knife and gently pull back pieces to see where you are at with the cooking.

4. Cecilia says

Hi new to this site, plan on taking this to a potluck. Its for 6pm. and they live 45 min from my house. Can i make it at home and serve there. Or should i bake it there. and then serve it. Would love to make, sounds delish.