Milky Way Magic Bars

Milky Way Magic Bars!  These Magic Bars come together so easily and they are so ooey gooey delicious!

Milky Way Magic Bars! These Magic Bars come together so easily and they are so ooey gooey delicious! via www.wineandglue.com

This is going to be just the absolute briefest of posts because at 4am yesterday morning (which is actually this morning because I’m writing ahead of time), my dear sweet almost six year old asked me a pressing question.

“Where does puke come from??”

Yes, we have been struck down.  Struck down by the pukes.

But let’s not talk about that.  Let’s talk about these bars.  Magic indeed.

These Milky Way Magic Bars come together so super easily.  I love using sugar cookie mix.  I don’t feel as much as a super hero as when I make things from scratch, but the deliciousness of the bars and the ease of the recipe more than make up for it.

These bars are maybe one of my favorite things that I’ve made in awhile.  I have been sending off all my desserts lately to Nathan’s work, and I’m a little {cough} embarrassed about how few of these bars are going to make it there.

These are for sure going on my Must Make on Cookie Day list.

Milky Way Magic Bars

• 1 pouch of sugar cookie mix and what you need to make it (17.5 oz)
  • 2 large milky way bars, chopped into bite sized pieces
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk

1. Preheat your oven to 375. Spray a 9 by 13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
  2. Mix the cookie mix and press it into the bottom of the pan.
  3. Top the cookie dough with the Milky Way bars and the chocolate chips. Then pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the bars.
  4. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until the whole top is a golden brown.
  5. Let cool. Cut into them and enjoy!

Don’t want to use the sugar cookie pouch, check out the sugar cookie layer in this magic bar recipe.

Looking for more magic?

Cookie Butter Magic Barscookie_butter_magic_bars

Want another bar recipe?

Sugar Cookie Cookie Butter Barssugar_cookie_bars_cookie_butter

Comments

• Cheryl Bosley says

This is exactly the answer to my question, and it’s exactly what I bought! : ) Just didn’t seem like it will be enough. Can’t wait to take these to a cook out tomorrow! Thanks!

Hmmmm . . . why don’t I say what size can of carnation milk . . . ? That must be my editors fault!! I will fire her IMMEDIATELY. In the meantime, you are going to need a 14 oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk.

1. Hana says

Please, could you help me out! Would love to try this recipe but no idea how here in greece find sugar cookie mix….can you tell me what it all has inside?

So sorry but my bars were mush! I think I made chocolate Flan. The cookie bottom did not cook per the instructions provided. I used Pilsbury sugar cookie dough. Could it be that the condensed milk was way too much liquid for the cookie bottom?

Hi Ester, I’m so sorry that this didn’t turn out for you! Did you use refrigerated dough? Mine was from a pouch, so I had a dry mix that I whipped up. If you used a refrigerator dough, it might be a big enough difference in the amount of dough that it didn’t get a long enough time to bake. Did that make sense? The only other thing I know others have struggled with is accidentally grabbing evaporated milk.

3. Nancy says

Well, I saw your delicious looking pictures and went to see the recipes. BUT, seeing the word PUKE made me do a complete U-TURN . . . . Never to venture here again.

4. cheryl says

I followed your recipe exactly, but it looks more like a brownie or a blondie. Tastes good but very gooey even tho l baked longer than the recipe states. I used Betty Crocker dry sugar cookie mix, one egg, one stick of oleo, 14 oz. Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup chic chips, and 2 milky way 2 to go bars just like you stated. I did line the glass 13 x 9 pan with wax paper and sprayed it. Would that have caused them yo be overly gooey. I put them in the fridge and hope that will firm them up. Thanks

I wouldn’t think that the wax paper being sprayed would have impacted them not setting, but it’s hard to know for sure without being there. I’m really sorry these didn’t work out for you. I have made them several times and they always set up for me really nicely. Again, I’m sorry they didn’t work!