Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cookies

Soft & delicious cookies packed with fresh strawberries and dipped in chocolate!

Tragedy has hit the Wine & Glue house.

We are missing . . . . Giraffey.

Giraffey is a sweet little pink and white blankie with a giraffe head and blankie body.  She’s as cuddly as she is stinky.  And she is also Quinn’s  security item.

Because she is Quinn’s security item, she gets taken almost everywhere.  We also keep close tabs on her, because losing her would be . . . tragic.

And yet, when we put Quinny down for her nap on Sunday, Giraffey was no where to be found.  We looked in all the usual places, under the kitchen table, inside the shopping cart, in the one cabinet that doesn’t have a child safety lock . . . we unzipped 700 purses, looked under all the couch cushions, intensely questioned the older brother . . . .

Giraffey is officially LOST.

And Quinn is 100% fine.

Me:  Quinn!  I can’t find Giraffey anywhere, you are going to have to take a nap without her . . . . {wincing}

Quinn:  Okay.  {Snore}

Nathan and I continue to be super distraught over the loss of Giraffey.  I can’t decide if it’s because we feel bad for Quinn or because we love a good mystery, and honestly how does a blanket with a head just walk away??  I mean I get why she would.  Who wants to be shoved in a toddler’s mouth all day and smothered all night?  Used as a kleenex, a napkin, a picnic blanket, wrapping paper, and for cuddles?  I get it.

We continue to search for her.  It’s like how some couples enjoy their time together watching a favorite tv show or playing scrabble?  We hunt for Giraffey.

So anyway.

If you need something to take your mind off the tragic loss of a security item . . . or your sanity, you are going to want these Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cookies.

These are soooo delicious!  Why do I not dip all my cookies in chocolate??  It makes them look super pretty, and you are guaranteed chocolate in each bite!  These are so soft and chewy, just the way I like my cookies, and the fresh strawberries add such a wonderful taste and texture.  Yumm!

Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cookies

Yield: About 20 cookies

• 1 3/4 all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of butter melted and cooled
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
  • 1 cup of milk chocolate chips, melted

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt
  3. Beat together the butter and sugars, about two minutes.
  4. Beat in the egg and the vanilla.
  5. Slowly add the flour mixture, scrapping down the sides of the bowl as needed, until the mixture is fully combined. The mixture will be crumbly.
  6. Mix in the strawberries.
  7. Roll into one inch balls and bake two two inches apart on a parchment or silicon lined baking sheet.
  8. Bake for 12 minutes.
  9. Let sit outside of the oven on the baking sheet for two minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
  10. Once completely cooled, dip the bottoms of the cookies in the melted chocolate. Transfer to wax paper and allow to dry, about 25 minutes.

You might also like

Strawberry Banana Breadstrawberry_banana_bread

Mexican Chocolate Thumbprint Cookiesthumbprint_cookies

Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Cookiescinnamon_roll_cheesecake_cookie_recipe

We lost my daughter’s “monkey” when we were moving. She is seven, but has had that thing since she was 2. Thanks goodness we found it in one of the boxes a few months later. You may just find Giraffey in some place you would never think to look. By the way, love the new pic. Your hair looks fabulous!
    Carole @The Sweet Chick recently posted…Maple Carrot Oatmeal CookiesMy Profile

That’s what we keep hoping Carole, that she will just turn up when we least expect it. At least the world has kept turning 🙂 And thank you! It’s a much more accurate picture than my last one, lol!

I kind of am Dorothy!! Isn’t that something should be like passed down to her first child or something??? Oh well. At least she appears to be a low maintenance kind of girl. I’ll take it.

What a delicious looking dipped cookie! I know exactly the devastation of loosing a security item at our house, too. The search party is in full force…. and the house/truck/yard/garage is all torn apart. With my youngest, it’s Puppy. She goes everywhere with my son. But, now that he is 7, he’s careful to not allow his friends to see her with him. But, I love when he cuddles with her. He’s still my little babe. 😉
    Thanks for sharing these cookies with all of us at the party today!
    Gloria @ Simply Gloria recently posted…Show Stopper Saturday Link Party, Featuring Sweet Lemon RecipesMy Profile

I don’t have kids but I feel your pain. Losing a stuffy or a blanket can sometimes be the end of the world. I’m glad she’s handling it okay though – or at least so far. The cookies look amazing though, thanks so much for sharing. Chocolate covered strawberries as cookies? Dangggg can’t wait to try these!!
    Kyleigh @ Petite Chouette recently posted…Ooey Gooey Cinnamon RollsMy Profile

I am SO into strawberries right now (just pulled a Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Casserole out of the oven…) and you know I love me some chocolate girl!! These cookies are GORGEOUS! Pinned and shared on FB!!

You had me at strawberries and chocolate! I have never tried a cookie with fresh strawberries so I am intrigued by the idea. Will be trying this soon using dark chocolate in place of the milk chocolate.

6. Carmen says

Muy buenas, but no me han salido…, creo que es por la harina (flour), it’s not puro ose flour. Era harina normal. Sabor delicious, aspecto feo

7. Carmen says

No me han salido como las tuyas, creo que falló la harina (flour), que no era de fuerza, sino era normal. Y con el azúcar Moreno a mi no me quedan tan blancas… Volveré a internarlo. Gracias. Thank you.

8. Kristal says

My daughter once lost Bessie – the cow that goes everywhere with her. I try to not let her take Bessie on road trips because I knew it would happen one day. She left Bessie in Chattanooga at a hotel. We called as soon as we figured out Bessie was left behind. Thank goodness the manager was able to locate Bessie. My husband had to drive back to Chattanooga (1.5 hr drive) the next morning to find the cow. It was a very sad afternoon for my daughter. I’m glad yours seems to be okay with it!

9. Marlene says

Do these freeze? They combine the favorite ingredients of a young lady for whom I promised to make birthday cookies, and it would be better timing wise if I could make them a week or so ahead…Thanks!

10. Marlene says

These were very easy and a major hit with my young teen group, who gobbled them up. My husband loved them, too. Definitely a winner. I left some without chocolate. My milk chocolate chips woudln’t melt, though, so I dipped them in bittersweet Ghirardelli chips that melt well. (I prefer dark chocolate, but my recipient prefers milk.) They are pretty sweet, though; do you think I can reduce the sugar slightly and still get good results?

Marlene, so glad that they were a hit! I think you can try making them with slightly less sugar, though it might change the consistency. I wouldn’t feel confident telling you how much to cut it by without testing it first.

11. Bente says

I don’t have fresh strawberries without going out to the store, but I have frozen strawberries. Will that work?

Hi Bente! I actually am going to say no. Fruit when you defrost it releases a lot of water, which I think will really mess with this recipe. If you were to just throw them in frozen, it would drastically change the temperature of things which will also mess with the recipe. Sorry :/

1. […] Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cookies | Soft and delicious cookies packed with fresh strawberries and dipped in chocolate! … I have never tried a cookie with fresh strawberries so I am intrigued by the idea. Will be trying this …Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cookies – Wine & Glue […]