Lemon Cheesecake | A seriously amazing lemon swirled cheesecake
Up until very recently I was a lemon curd virgin.
And I think it’s because I like lemon desserts, but don’t like crave them or anything. But then I saw this recipe for Microwave Lemon Curd from Mom On Timeout, and I was super intrigued. And then all my blogging buddies started posting all these lemony desserts that screamed spring! And honestly, at this point I really will do anything for a taste of spring.
Suddenly I was craving lemon.
And then this Lemon Cheesecake popped into my brain.
The lemon curd I used is from Trish. I made it with my kids and we had a blast. And I wanted to eat it all with a spoon! But if you don’t feel like making your own, you can pick up a jar in the store near the jellies.
The crust for the cheesecake is made from Lemon Oreos. If you can’t find those (I got mine at Target), you could use regular Golden Oreos or you could just make a straight up graham cracker crust.
Now, this is a lemony Lemon Cheesecake. But I loved each and every bite of it. And like I said, I’m not a huge lemon dessert fan. Like ’em, wouldn’t push down someone’s grandma to get one. But for this cheesecake, I might. 🙂
- For Crust
- 1/2 a package of Lemon Oreos
- 1 TBSP butter, melted
- For Filling
- 3 8 oz packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 1 cup lemon curd
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Crush the Lemon Oreos and mix with the melted butter. (I crushed mine using a food processor and just poured the melted butter in and mixed another minute or two until well combined).
- Press the Oreo-butter mixture into the bottom of a springform pan and set aside.
- With the paddle attachment on your mixer, mix the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla on low speed for about five minutes.
- With the whisk attachment, continue mixing on medium for about 5 more minutes. (Note: If you only have a paddle attachment, that will work fine, the goal here is just to get a really smooth consistency.)
- Pour half the batter into your spring form on top of the cookie crust and spread gently.
- Pour half of the lemon curd in large dollops on top of the first layer of cheese cake and swirl gently with a butter knife.
- Repeat with the remaining cheesecake batter and then lemon curd.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the top is slightly cracked and the edges are golden (mine took 43 minutes).
You might also like
Lemon Desserts from friends