Hot Cocoa Fudge

Hot Cocoa Fudge | Delicious easy FIVE ingredient fudge that tastes like hot cocoa!Delicious easy FIVE ingredient fudge that tastes like hot cocoa!

Have you guys been watching Scandal??

Okay.  It’s pretty much like the greatest show ever.  It’s so great, in fact, that I decided at the beginning of this season that I wanted to celebrate the premier and I got sushi and wine.  Sushi + wine + Scandal = The Greatest Thursday Night Ever.

It’s sooooooo good, that I asked my dear sweet loving husband who has never watched an episode of Scandal before to watch the premiere with me.  It’s sooooo good, that I had him watch the season finale of last season, pausing like every two minutes so that I could give him the back stories on all the characters so that he would be pumped for the season premire.

And he was!

Delicious easy FIVE ingredient fudge that tastes like hot cocoa!

But!!  Now I have to wait for him to watch it all the time!  #firstworldproblems right?

So literally each Friday morning when I go to work out and want to watch the brand spanking new Scandal while I do it (because seriously, work outs watching my shows while Quinn watches something educational and Piper naps is my HAPPY time), I get slapped in the face with the reality that I can’t watch it without Nathan.

Damn you, Scandal and your totally addictive ways!

Delicious easy FIVE ingredient fudge that tastes like hot cocoa!

Anyway.

The perfect way to get over the fact that you need to wait 8 hours to watch Scandal is by making some easy fudge.  And when I say easy, I mean, seriously easy.  Like fool proof.

I was going for a fun hot cocoa fudge with this, and this totally tastes like a nice hot cup of hot cocoa.  There is some cocoa powder mixed in, which deepens the chocolate flavor and gives it that characteristic hot cocoa taste.  Then you throw the marshmallow bits on top, and it really seals the deal.

Almost enough to make me forget how many more hours ’til Scandal.

Hot Cocoa Fudge

• 3 cups milk chocolate chips
  • 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 TBSP cocoa powder
  • 2 tsps vanilla extract
  • 1 cup marshmallow bits

1. Line a 9 by 9 inch pan with aluminum foil.
  2. Over medium low heat, add the sweetened condensed milk to a small saucepan. Whisk in the cocoa powder.
  3. Stir in the chocolate chips and stir consistently until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract.
  4. Pour into the pan, and add the marshmallow bits, gently pressing them into the fudge. (You may not need all of them.)
  5. Refrigerate for at least four hours, covered, before removing the fudge from the pan by lifting the aluminum foil, peeling it off the fudge, and cutting the fudge to serve.
  6. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

You might also like

Hot Cocoa Pancakeshot_cocoa_pancakes

Cookie Butter Butterscotch Fudgecookie_butter_butterscotch_fudge

Chocolate Amaretto Fudgechocolate_fudge_recipe

Mint Chocolate Fudgemint_chocolate_fudge

Comments

If I need a candy thermometer, I’m much less likely to make the recipe . . . :) But I have found that 3 cups of chips + 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk is a winning combination.

I love happy time, i.e. when the kids are occupied and I can Netflix binge! Scandal is an excellent choice.
    This fudge is also an excellent choice! I love this fudge. It’s so what my holiday season needs!
    Mir recently posted…Chocolate Linzer TartMy Profile

2. ColleenB. says

Your Cocoa Fudge recipe looks amazing and like that it’s so easy to make but I haven’t been able to find the marshmallow bits. I looked high and low down the baking isle at WalMart but all they had was just the regular marshmallows. I even asked the lady that was working on that isle where they may be at and she hadn’t a clue as to what I was talking about.
    Was wondering what grocery did you find your mallow bits at?

Thanks Colleen! I just get mine at the regular supermarket. And you can find them at Target too. Sometimes they are more with the ice cream toppings, like the fudge and the caramel sauce.

• ColleenB. says

Thank you Lisa.
        Someone had also emailed me suggesting to look where they sell the hot cocoa mix packets.
        I will be on a mission for sure cause I just gotta get me some of them mallow bits; not only for your fudge recipe but for my snack mix. :}
        Thanks again and wishing you and your family a Very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. If traveling; do be safe

3. cathy says

I put peppermint mini marshmallows on top and OMG. I’m hooked. The peppermint marshmallows not only gave it a really pretty pink/white look, but it was a nice touch for the holidays.

4. Sonya E. says

I made this for my family tonight. It was easy, simple and fast. I had to substitute the mini marshmallows regular minis. I just used 1/2 cup.

5. Cheryl Newton says

This would make a great addition to Christmas goodie plates for the neighbors. But just to clarify: do you mean unsweetened baking cocoa powder or hot cocoa mix? I’m guessing the former, because I have a feeling you would explain if you thought there was any chance there were an over-analyzer (guilty!) among your followers. But then again, it is called “Hot Cocoa Fudge.”

6. Cheryl Newton says

• Cheryl Newton says

Muchas gracias, Lisa. Now I can add this delish (haven’t made it yet, but — come on — chocolate topped with those adorable teeny marshmallows) fudge to my out-of-control recipe collection. Have a blessed season!

7. Mikayla says

This is an awesome recipe, but I seem to be doing something wrong… Even after I let it set in the fridge for more than 4 hours, it came out all gooey and wet! Did I miss something..?

Oh no Mikayla! I’m so sorry! I hate the idea of a recipe not working for a reader. I looked at the recipe again, and it is all correct, I’m not sure what to say! If you followed the recipe to the letter, it should work.

8. Trish says

Do I have to cut the fudge immediately after I pull it out of the fridge or can I store the whole fudge until Christmas to cut?