These Lightened Up Chicken Fingers and Dipping Sauce need to be part of your weeknight dinner line up! So delicious and way lighter than the traditional chicken fingers and barbecue sauce. I’m so excited to be partnering with Yoplait to bring you this awesome dinner option!
So we are three days into K4, I’m sort of holding it together as my baaaaaaybeeee leaves me each day, and then our school pulls the rug out. I can no longer walk Quinn in to school. I have to just do the curb side drop off that I do with the the lummox (have I mentioned that we started referring to Gavin as “the lummox”? I mean. He’s huge. How did this even happen??).
You guys! I had been doing so well! But this morning when I just had to kind of toss her out of the car [she was carefully taken out of the car and loving handed to her principal who is the best and then escorted into school where her awesome teacher took over] . . . . I lost it!!!
But let’s not talk about that. Let’s talk about these Lightened Up Chicken Fingers and Dipping Sauce! It’s that time of year again. Busy evenings, busy mornings, busy days. And kids who are super busy and absolutely famished all the time.
I love this recipe. It’s actually a Rachel Ray recipe, and while I typically come up with my own thang to share with you guys, these are too good not to share. It’s a recipe I have been using for years and totally love. They bake up in 15 minutes, they aren’t deep fried, and the whole shebang takes you less than a half hour. PLUS! They are roughly 80 calories a stick and so good warm or cold, meaning you should double the batch and save the left overs for salads and wraps in lunch the next day!
So this Yogurt Dipping Sauce is the perfect addition to these chicken fingers. Less calories than your typical BBQ sauce and without the sugar. It’s made with Yoplait non fat yogurt, just the original kind, and is super yummy. But honestly? As I was making it I was sort of kicking myself for not picking up some Yoplait in cherry or peach. Don’t you think that would be so yummy!?! I obviously have the spicy sweet savory combo on my mind still, lol.
You can pick up some Yoplait (in whatever fun flavor!) to make this at Walmart in the dairy section!
Okay, so game plan: I sit and cry about my baby getting older and you make these right away! Sound good? 😉
- For Chicken Fingers
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 TBSP milk (I used skim)
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 TBSP sweet paprika
- 1 TBSP chicken stock base
- 2 TBSPs grill seasoning (see note)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- For Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Yoplait nonfat yogurt
- 1 1/2 TBSPs hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, to make the breading mixture, combine the cereal, bread crumbs, paprika, chicken stock base, grill seasoning, and vegetable oil.
- Pour the flour out onto a large plate. Whisk the eggs with the milk in a medium sized bowl and put it next to the flour. Finally pour the breading mixture on a large plate next to the eggs. Place a large baking sheet next to the breading mixture.
- Season the chicken tenders lightly with salt and pepper and working in batches dip them in the flour, then the eggs, then the breading mixture and place them on the baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is baking, mix together the yogurt, hot sauce, garlic, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
What type of grill seasoning you get greatly impacts the final taste of this recipe, so make sure you get one you like!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Yoplait®. The opinions and text are all mine.