Guys I have TWO surprises for you.
First! A super fun Sugary Sweet Giveaway!!
One lucky winner will win: 1 case of sugar from Imperial Sugar as well as a silicon baking mat and My First Cookbook. Kerrygold will send you 1 case of butter (winner will pick salted or unsalted). And you will receive a $100 gift card for Ghirardelli Chocolate. I just wish that I could enter! (Please make sure you give the widget a minute to load.)
And if you win you can use your butter and sugar to make these delicious Chocolate Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars! These are amazingly rich and delicious. You guys . . . these caused me so much trouble to photograph. I literally took 170 photos of these bars.
You guys. That’s a lot of photos.
And here’s the problem (besides the ridiculous amount of time spent on it). I ate tiny slivers of them each and every time I took pictures of them. I might have had to make a second batch . . . . You guys, my muffin top hates me. Or loves me depending on where you think a muffin top would stand on being a muffin top.
Basically, what I’m trying to say is that you have to make these. They are so ridiculously good. Just maybe don’t photograph them. 🙂
- For The Sugar Cookie Layer
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 14 TBSPs unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- For the Chocolate Peppermint Layer
- 6 oz milk chocolate chips
- 8 TBSPs unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- On medium low speed, beat the butter and sugar for about three minutes, until it is light and fluffy. Then add the vanilla, and one egg at a time, combining for about thirty seconds after each addition.
- Gradually add the flour mixture until it is well combined, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl as necessary.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan and bake for about 30 minutes. Let it cool on the counter for about 10 minutes, and then put it in the refrigerator for a half hour.
- Once the cookie bar layer is completely cooled, melt the chocolate chips and butter together in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until fully combined. Pour over the sugar cookie bars. Sprinkle with the peppermint chips. Allow the chocolate to set completely before cutting.