This Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken is such an easy and delicious FAST dinner with all the jalapeño popper flavor jammed in chicken! This post originally appeared on Real Housemoms where I am a contributor.
So, can I just confess something to you guys . . . . I’ve been watching Bachelor in Paradise. (Insert that little horrified blue faced emoji here.) Guys, it’s so shameful. I’m a decently intelligent person . . . or I at least like to believe I am . . . and it’s such. stupid. tv. And yet, I totally can’t turn away. I’m not even going to mention what’s currently going on, because I secretly want you to start with episode 1 and join me on the dark side. Doooooo iiiiiittttt.
Completely unrelated to my tv shame is this amazing and fast weeknight dinner that is JAM PACKED with flavor.
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken.
It’s a thing guys. A thing like Bachelor in Paradise that you just need to give in to.
Only without the shame.
So, I have been building up my arsenal of fast weeknight meals with these awesome Taco Stuffed Peppers (that are crazy easy), and theeeeeese Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches, and OMG these Italian Pesto Sliders.
I love stuffed chicken recipes, because they really are a fast easy dinner that start with basic chicken but end up feeling anything but basic. I started out with these Pizza Stuffed Chicken, which is so fun because you can do them in so many different ways if your family is picky, and then I made these Stuffed Taco Chicken which just have an incredible amount of flavor but are FAST to put together. And now you get these Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken!
It is a one pan meal that is fast to throw together, but is so jammed with all the flavor you love in a jalapeño popper. Seriously, I could not stop eating these. You know a recipe is really good when it barely escapes the photo shoot.
- 2 large chicken breasts (or 4 small)
- 6 slices of bacon, diced and cooked
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños, diced
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the bacon in a heavy bottomed cast iron skillet (or an oven proof pan), until it crisps. Remove from the pan and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Mix together the cream cheese, 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, 3/4 of the diced jalapeños, and 3/4 of the cooked bacon.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half to butterfly them open. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Divide the filling between the two chicken breasts and then secure them closed with tooth picks.
- Remove all but about 1 TBSP of bacon fat from the pan and put the pan over medium high heat. Cook the chicken for about three minutes on each side, then top with the remaining cheese, bacon, and jalapeños. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the thickest part of the chicken (usually the opposite side of the opening with the filling) reads 165 degrees.
- Serve immediately.
You might also like