This One Pot Southwestern Alfredo Pasta is super easy to throw together, makes the perfect weeknight meal, and is absolutely delicious!
So I have this group of friends from high school and we have started texting with each other every day. Like all the sudden I will have, literally, 49 new texts on my phone, and I’ve missed a whole conversation with them. Or it will be a Friday night and I am sitting there giggling, seemingly to myself, because my friends are saying the most hilarious things ever.
Guys. I’m so scared that I’m accidentally going to text someone else what I mean to text them.
They are the best. They all have kids the ages of my kids. They all work their tails off at work and at home. And they are all doing their best to balance it all . . . and not murder anyone. And, ironically, I realized today, none of us have sisters. But we all have each other!
This summer has been borderline torture, and I don’t think I could have gotten through it without inappropriate texts with them. They are just the best.
Anyway, when I told them about this recipe they said, “You had me at one pot.”
One pot meals are like the holy grail. They aren’t as easy to come up with as food bloggers make it seem, because it seems like there is some sort of ingredient that you need to make in something else. But this really is all made in one pot! And it really is super delicious. The flavors meld together perfectly, and there is the added bonus of the cooked chicken (use some rotisserie!), some jarred alfredo, and taco seasoning. They make this FAST! In making this for a video (that I had to do twice) and multiple photo shoots, I could now make this in my sleep . . . and I’m still not sick of it! It’s so easy and so delicious!
- 1 cup frozen corn, or the corn from two ears
- 2 cups dry penne
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 14 oz jarred alfredo
- 2 TBSPS taco seasoning
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 TBSP of olive oil, and then the diced red pepper. Cook until soft, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add water to the saucepan, bring to a boil, and add the penne. One minute before you need to remove the pasta (according to package directions), add the frozen corn. Drain the cooked pasta and warmed corn and return to the pan.
- Stir in the cooked pepper, chicken, and black beans. Then stir in the alfredo sauce and taco seasoning.