This Cinnamon Sangria is amazingly delicious! And easy to throw together! This is going to be your new favorite holiday drink!
You guys, I’m nervous that you aren’t going to get behind this drink . . . but I really need you to. Because it is insanely amazing, delicious, and you actually see unicorns flying through the sky when you drink it.
That last part is not actually true . . . it’s not like an acid trip. But you feel like you are seeing unicorns, because it is so delicious and then while you are drinking it you remember that it took you almost no time at all to make, and then you are like, “Yes! I am winning at life . . . hey wait a minute. WAs that a unicorn??”
I am planning on making this for Friendsgiving, the most holy of friend holidays. I’ve mentioned having Friendsgiving before. But seriously, I could write an ode to it every single year because it makes my heart so happy to celebrate a whole day of eating with such good friends who also love food. It’s like the blogger in me and the Italian in me having the GREATEST DAY POSSIBLE!
So . . . I’m making this awesome sangria.
Here’s the catch friends. You have to start it a few days before. But that shouldn’t be a deal breaker, right peeps? Can I call you peeps? Or is that too much? I’m sensing it’s too much.
You guys, to start it all you do is drop two sticks of cinnamon in a cup of brandy and let it sit for like two days. It makes the brandy taste like cinnamon. YUMMY! And then you make some simple syrup (just water and sugar, folks, no biggie), let it cool, and then mix it with some wine.
Done and done! So yes. You have to be a bit of a planner, but that’s fine! It’s totally worth it.
- 1 cup brandy
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 750 ml red wine (I used a blend)
- orange slices (optional)
- Note: You need to start this recipe two days before you want to serve it . . . but it's worth it!
- Combine two sticks of cinnamon with a cup of brandy and let it sit for two days, shake a few times.
- To make the simple syrup, combine 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, bringing to a slight boil, stirring constantly until the sugar is fully dissolved. Allow to cool completely.
- Combine the simple syrup, cinnamon infused brand, and wine together and serve with orange slices.
You might also like