These Easy Bacon Cheddar Biscuits are so easy that you can perfectly throw them together right before serving your meal!
I’m so excited to be partnering with Crystal Farms Cheese, a wonderful Wisconsin company, to bring you this awesome biscuit recipe! Thank you for supporting the brands that make Wine & Glue possible.
Have I told you lately about my complicated relationship with Thanksgiving? That’s our official relationship status: It’s complicated.
I’m not sure why exactly . . . . my best guess is that it is the last holiday that we celebrated with my mom, and she was seriously so very sick for it. When I look at the pictures from that day, I am reminded of how much I wanted to feel thankful that day, but how I really just felt sad and scared. With my big ‘ole 8 month pregnant belly.
Fast forward three years . . . . we had just lost Elliot. JUST. Like it had been less than three months.
Things were rough for sure.
But we woke up that morning and I took a pregnancy test. And there was the very faintest of faint lines there telling us that Quinn was on her way.
In the days and weeks . . . who am I kidding, in the hours to come there would be feelings of absolute terror that we would lose this baby too. But in that moment at the very beginning of our Thanksgiving day, there was this explosion of joy in my heart. I remember Nathan wrapping me up in a hug from behind as we both looked at that faint little line.
Of course we weren’t going to tell anyone, but I remember him pulling me aside at a family Thanksgiving celebration and whisper singing into my ear, “Because you’re having my baby . . . ”
I don’t think for one second that I’m alone in having a complicated relationship with the holidays. Because the holidays are about family and friends and people you love . . . and often that is very very complicated.
So, I’m here for you friends. I get it. It’s okay to love parts of the holidays and really just tolerate others. What is not okay? Is eating ho hum food. Again. I am here for you friends! You guys need AMAZING food for the holidays. Which is why you need these killer Easy Bacon Cheddar Biscuits.
One thing I love about these is that they are fool proof. They are SO EASY to make. My 8 year old could make these. They are FAST. You can totally just make these at the end of your meal prep and they are hot and ready to go for the meal. And finally . . . . CHEESE. These have the most amazing Crystal Farms Cheddar Cheese. (Pssst . . . Crystal Farms also has an INCREDIBLE mozzarella that we always keep a big bag of to make homemade pizza!) It melts perfectly into these biscuits and you get the best cheddar flavor in each bite. These are a MUST for your Thanksgiving table! This recipe makes 12 great biscuits, but if you have more people coming you can easily double it.
Annnnnnnnnd because Crystal Farms loves ya’ll so much they are giving away this sweet set of baking dishes and this awesome serving bowl from Crate & Barrel. Perfect for the holidays! Enter before December 2nd and please be patient while the giveaway form loads.
- 12 pieces of bacon, cooked and broken into small pieces
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, cold
- 8 TBSPS melted butter, cooled slightly (plus 2 more TBSPs for brushing)
- 1 cup Crystal Farms Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicion mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl whisk the buttermilk and melted butter. It will start to clump together, as the cold buttermilk drops the temperature of the butter.
- Stir the liquid into the dry ingredients just until it starts to pull away from the side.
- Then gently mix in the cooked bacon and shredded Crystal Farms Cheddar Cheese
- Using a well greased 1/4 cup measure, drop just less than a quarter cup of batter onto the baking mat keeping an inch and a half between biscuits. You may have to bake in two batches.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until they are golden brown, rotating the pan half way through
- Once you finish baking, brush with melted butter, transfer to a cooling rack and serve warm.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms® Cheese. The opinions and text are all mine.