These Baja Chicken Tacos are so packed with flavor, you are going to want to make them for weeknight dinners and your parties!
I’m so excited to be partnering with Gold’n Plump to bring you this crazy good taco recipe! Thank you for supporting the brands that make Wine & Glue possible.
So I’m part of a book club.
And by book club, I mean I have three amazing friends who would once upon a time, before there were lots of little kids and busy careers, read books (or pretend to have read books) and meet to discuss them for five minutes before moving on to drinking wine and talking about life.
Now we just drink wine and talk about life.
One of our favorite places to hold “book club” is this great taco place. They have all sorts of not your-average-tacos on their menu, and one of my favorites is their Baja Taco! It has a citrus slaw and an avocado salsa. Are you drooling yet? I am. It’s embarrassing that when I describe food while I’m typing blog posts, I legit drool. It either means I have a problem or I’m totally in the right line of work.
One or the other.
So when Gold’n Plump asked me to share with you their new line of SHAKERS, and I saw one was Jamaican flavored, I knew I had to make ya’ll some Baja Chicken Tacos.
You guys the SHAKERS knock my socks off. They are made with all natural chicken breast meat from chickens raised with no antibiotics-ever, which makes me feel awesome about giving them to my family. They are sold fresh, never frozen, and all of that is great. What is even more AMAZING is how easy they are to make. You literally pour the chicken in the bag with the provided seasoned breadcrumb packet, shake it, and put it on a pan and pop it in the oven. Done in under 20 minutes. Life changing.
The shakers come in five flavors: Savory, Sweet Chili Jamaican, Honey BBQ, and Chipotle Adobo. You guys. They are perfect in these tacos, but let’s be real. They are totally perfect for making a super easy dinner for the kiddos and serving alongside some veggies!
But let’s talk about these tacos. While your Jamaican chicken is cooking you quickly whip up some citrus slaw and mash up some avocados for you avocado salsa. Then you just let everyone assemble their tacos. They are totally delicious!
- 1 package of Gold'n Plump Jamaican SHAKERS, cooked according to package instructions
- 12 corn tortillas
- Citrus Slaw
- 14 oz slaw mix
- juice from two medium oranges (about 1/2 cup)
- juice from two large limes (about 6 TBSPs)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Avocado Salsa
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz pineapple chunks, drained and chopped
- 1/4 red onion diced small
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- While your Jamaican chicken is cooking, make the Citrus Slaw by combining the slaw mix, orange juice, lime juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the Avocado Salsa by mashing up two ripe avocados, and then mixing in the tomatoes, pineapple, onion, salt, and pepper.
- To make each taco, place a spoonful of the slaw, a spoonful of the salsa and approximately three pieces of Jamaican chicken on the tortilla shells.