This Easy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole Recipe is super fast to throw together, but packed full of amazing flavor, making for the perfect breakfast for a crowd.
I’m so happy to be working with the great Wisconsin cheese company, Crystal Farms Cheese to bring you this super simple super delicious breakfast casserole!
If you guys have been following Wine & Glue for any time, you know that my love affair with breakfast foods is . . . new. And you know how it is with new love affairs. They are exciting, intoxicating, and you can’t get enough of them.
Especially when the involve melty cheese.
No? Okay . . . that last one might just be when you are having a love affair with breakfast foods.
My favorite discovery in my love of breakfast foods is the breakfast casserole. I seriously can’t get enough of them. Like this Sausage and Mushroom Overnight Breakfast Strata or this Overnight Spinach Artichoke Strata (the strata was really the first thing to capture my heart about brunch . . . just kidding that was the Jalapeño Bloody Mary). And what about this Easy Cheesy Southwestern Breakfast Casserole?
But the key to a good breakfast casserole is using a good cheese!
I love using Crystal Farms Cheese on everything, but especially in casseroles. It’s flavor is amazing, and it melts just perfectly. You can buy it by the block to cut slices just for eating, or you can buy it by the bag already shredded to make this casserole even faster. And if you are a toddler living in my house that’s your favorite . . . . eating their amazing cheddar already shredded up in a little bowl while your mom makes a breakfast casserole.
This casserole starts with some breakfast sausage, adds in bacon, onion, red pepper, Crystal Farms Cheddar Cheese, some eggs, milk, a few spices, frozen hash browns and then is all topped off with some more cheddar cheese! It takes only about 10 minutes to throw together and then bakes up perfectly. It’s easy enough for breakfast with the family on the weekend, but delicious enough to serve to guests for a holiday brunch!
For more delicious and cheese filled breakfast ideas, be sure to follow Crystal Farms on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. And even yet, enter their giveaway for a Bodum Brazil French Coffee Press and two Le Creuset Mugs!
- 1/2 pound turkey breakfast sausage
- 5 slices thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 a medium onion, diced
- 24 ounces (1 pound 8 oz) frozen hash browns
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Crystal Farms mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the breakfast sausage until cooked through. Drain and set aside. Cook the diced bacon in the same skillet, until crisp. Drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Mix in the eggs, red pepper, onion, milk, one cup of the cheddar cheese, sausage, bacon, and spices. Mix in the hash browns.
- Pour the entire mixture into the casserole dish. Top with the remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 55 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let the casserole sit for 10 minutes and enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms® Cheese. The opinions and text are all mine.