This Easy Microwave Lemon Curd is made with super basic ingredients and is so delicious! Use it in recipes or put it on bread!
Remember the other day when I posted this super easy Lemon Bar Dip? Well I got some comments on the video on Facebook saying, “Wait. What’s Lemon Curd??”
Guys!! What’s Lemon Curd?? What’s Lemon Curd??
I mean, it’s liquid sunshine.
Not really. It’s a sugary, lemony, buttery spread that has to be part of your life. Immediately. And here’s the good news: I have a recipe for you that is super easy, made in the microwave, and is just waiting to be part of your life forever and ever.
It’s literally just lemon juice, lemon zest, butter, eggs, and sugar. Easy guys! And then you strain it (to get rid of the lemon zest that gave it some extra amazing lemony flavor during cooking), stick it in the refrigerator and you are done!
It makes a nice amount that you can use in the Lemon Bar Dip, throw in this Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Braid, or swirl into this Lemon Cheesecake. You could even swap it out for the Grapefruit Spread in these Grapefruit Muffins and make yourself some Lemon Muffins.
Or you can spread some on some pound cake. OMG. So good.
Or you can just eat it with a spoon. The choice is yours, my friends.
- 3 TBSPs lemon zest (from about three large lemons)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from two to three large lemons)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 8 TBSP butter
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Heat the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds so it is slightly melted, but not completely.
- Whisk in the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, and then the eggs and egg yolks.
- Heat in the microwave for one minute intervals, whisking well in between until it can coat the back of a spoon well. It should take three to four minutes.
- Pour through a metal sieve and then refrigerate until full cool. It will thicken as it cools.
Use this recipe to make:
More great recipes using lemon curd