This Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta comes together so fast, and is the perfect combo of spicy and creamy!
I am so happy to be partnering with Sutter Home for their #SweetonSpice program to bring you this incredibly easy weeknight dinner with a kick! Pair it with a glass of their delicious White Zinfandel!
Can I tell you guys a little secret?
It’s seriously not a secret at all. I love cooking with wine. Like in my glass. ????
I’m not sure if there is anything quite as relaxing for me as making a delicious dinner on a weeknight, with the kids all occupied, while sipping a delicious glass of wine. In fact, that’s my date night of choice. Just Nathan and I in the kitchen together after the kids have gone to bed, chatting while we cook together. He’s a really good sous chef. (And easy on the eyes ???? )
Sutter Home’s White Zinfandel is perfect for date night and perfect for sipping while cooking! It’s delicious, slightly sweet, and has notes of melon and strawberries. In other words, I’m going to be sipping it all summer long!
It’s also perfect when paired with slightly spicy food! Like this Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta! It’s a restaurant classic that is super easy to make at home. It’s like a dreamy meal, perfect for date night in, that is done in 30 minutes! You guys. It doesn’t get any better than this. For real.
- 8 oz penne pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 TBSPs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 1/2 TBSPs Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 TBSPs unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan, plus more for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 diced tomato
- fresh parsley, chopped
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken on both sides with Cajun seasoning. Add to the skillet. Cook for about three minutes on each side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, clean it, and return it to the medium heat.
- Melt the butter, add the garlic and sautée for about 30 seconds. Whisk in the flour and cook it for another 30 seconds. Very slowly add the half and half, initially about a tablespoon at a time, so the sauce thickens. Add more quickly after you have added about half a cup.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and allow it melt completely. Add the remaining 1/2 TBSP Cajun seasoning and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the penne to the sauce, top with tomatoes, parsley, parmesan cheese, and the sliced cooked chicken.
- Enjoy immediately!
Other great spicy dinners