Since I started my blog, I have had a lot of people ask me how I manage to do it all with two little kids.
Guys, its hard!
My kids are pretty patient and tolerant people (something I feel fairly certain they did not learn from me), but even still there are times when I’m positive that I’m not going to get it all done.
I’m not complaining. Okay, I totally am complaining. But I get that life could be a lot more rough. My family is super blessed, and we are lucky that we are not 100% reliant on my blogging being a raging success to make ends meet. And thank goodness for that!
Right. Blogging. Kids.
My most loving and supportive husband has been sending me off to Starbucks every so often to get work done.
Can I just say that I think Starbucks is to mommy bloggers what Disneyland is to kids: The greatest place on earth. Free Wifi. Mini Scones. Coffee. Strangers who don’t talk to you or want you to change their diapers. Oh! And did I mention the mini scones??
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 TBSPs sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 TBSPs cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1 3.4 oz small box of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tsps milk
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in the butter until the dough is crumbly.
- Gently stir in the pudding mix, 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, and the raspberries (straight from the freezer).
- Make a small well in the center of the mixture, and add the egg and the milk. Stir until just combined. Then finish bringing the dough together with your hands.
- Pour the dough out onto a large cutting board (you are going to have to smoosh it together, it will be pretty crumbly, but that's okay). Form a round circle with the dough. Slice the round into 8 equal pieces. Use a pie server to transfer the pieces to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 19 minutes or until the bottom edges of the scones are golden brown.
- Once the scones have cooled, melt together the remaining chocolate chips and milk. Use a fork to drizzle the mixture over the scones. Allow to set and serve.