The most miraculous thing happened in my life in the last week . . . and I’m not talking about these cookies, though they are way at the top of my list for things that were awesome the happened the first week of September 2016.
I started liking my two year old again!!
For all of you who are silently judging me (or not so silently judging me, gearing up to write scathing comments), I beg of you to remember what it is to have a two year old. A tiny little being who appears to be controllable but really is determined to just turn on you at every . . . turn.
Something happened this week though! I think it was the big kids going back to school, or maybe she has suddenly just developed a better ability to communicate with us and reason, but suddenly she is WAY more fun to be around! There is less screaming, less yelling, fewer timeouts. It’s awesome. I mean . . . she has jumped from third to first in the span of just a few days. It’s like magic. (Again, judgey mcjudersons who claim to not have never ranked your own children in order of who is your most favorite to who you kind of want to sell . . . . you know you have.)
It makes me so so happy. I can’t even tell you. And it came at the perfect time too because I was honestly dreading the endless hours that Pippy and I were going to be spending together each school day, back when she was The Screaming Banshie of the Midwest. And suddenly . . . joy! Hooray!
. . . . Did I just jinx myself?? . . ..
Should we talk about these cookies now? They are pretty much exactly what you want them to be. They are chocolate chip cookies that taste just like pumpkin spice, but they aren’t cakey! They are perfectly buttery on the inside and crisp on the inside. And they are packed to the brim with chocolate chips! You guys are going to love these.
For great cookie making tips, check out THIS post.
- 3 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 16 TBSPs unsalted batter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup 100% pureed pumpkin
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth, about one minute. Add in the egg yolk, then the vanilla, then the pumpkin and mix until just combined.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture about a half cup at a time until combined being careful not to over mix. Stir in the milk chocolate chips. Make 1 1/2 TBSP dough balls and place about two inches apart. Bake for 17 minutes or until the edges of the cookies just begin to brown.
- Let sit on the baking pan two minutes, then remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
You might also like