This Taco Pasta Salad is a family favorite! It’s perfect for BBQs, potlucks and big family gatherings!
Growing up with two older brothers, I always wanted a sister. I remember one year for Christmas I actually asked my parents for a twin sister, because I was kind of a punk as a kid.
They gave me a mirror.
I wonder where I got my punkiness from.
And then after growing up with two brothers, I married a man with FIVE.
But the thing about all those brothers is that it has actually meant sisters! Seven sister in laws!
Don’t tell anyone, but one of my very favorite sister in laws is the wife of the brother who is just one older than Nathan (did you follow that?). Deanna has been part of my in law family the longest, so I have known longer than almost all of my other sister in laws. She is so many awesome things, but I enjoy her most as an aunt and as a friend. She seriously loves my kids so much, it is the greatest thing to watch. And even though right now she lives on the other side of the stupid planet (remember when I made this Pina Colada Sangria for her send off?) and when I text her I’m either interrupting her breakfast or keeping her awake too late, she is one of my favorite people text with . . . I always end up cry laughing ????
So this is her recipe. She has made it for tons of family functions, and I loooooove it. I snarf it down every time she makes it. The secret ingredient to this, if you can believe it, is French dressing. I know that sounds super totally weird, but it is all the exact right flavor combos.
This makes a HUGE batch, so it is perfect for BBQs and family functions. You can make it ahead of time, but just wait to add the dressing and chips until right before you serve it otherwise the chips and the lettuce will get all soggy and weird.
- 1 pound beef, cooked and drained
- 1 pound rotini, cooked and drained and rinsed with cold water
- 1 oz or 4 TBSPs taco seasoning
- 1 green pepper, diced small
- 1 small yellow onion, diced small
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups French dressing
- 9 3/4 oz bag Nacho Doritos, crushed
- Stir together the beef and the taco seasoning.
- In a very large bowl, mix together the beef, noodles, green pepper, onion, tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese.
- Mix in the French dressing until everything is well coated. Then stir in the chips. Enjoy right away.
You might also like
Pasta salad from friends