You know that moment at night when you lay down and you reflect on your day as a parent, and think about yelling at your seven year old, and how you let the baby eat something off the floor, and how the three year old maybe watched a little too much TV so that you could get just one more thing done . . .
Anyway . . . .
I have been trying to do a better job of focusing on the things I did right during the day. And at least five days out of seven, I can say that I gave my kids a well balanced dinner at the table with both of their parents sitting there not on their phones.
It must be paying off, because without even mentioning to the kids how important it is to me, Quinn started doing the cutest thing. Every night once we are all sitting down to the table, literally the second my butt hits the chair (usually I’m the last to sit down), she throws her hands in the air and yells, “FAMILY DINNER!!” with complete excitement and joy.
It’s 100% awesome.
Not only does it absolutely warm my heart to the very core and make me feel a little bit better about reaching a new level of frustration with my kids just an hour earlier, it totally sets the tone for the dinner. From the “FAMILY DINNER!!” cheer, we talk happily together about our days, our weeks, and answer questions about the inner workings of the universe.
“Mom. Did you know that eggs can break??”
“Wait. Grandpa, is your dad???”
“But . . . . how did Piper get out of your belly??”
Shall we talk about this Alfredo Skillet Lasagna? It comes together with the help of Ragú® Classic Alfredo and was inspired by the Ragú®’s Weeknight Skillet Lasagna recipe. Ragú® is all about celebrating #Saucesome family dinner moments that happen in the midst of life’s craziness. Their Ragú® Classic Alfredo is delicious and was totally perfect in this dish! Make sure you follow them on Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook for more quick and easy recipe ideas! And be sure to visit Ragú® on their home page for a sweepstakes and the chance to win some great prizes!
Alfredo Lasagna Skillet
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 lb Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage casings removed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz mini bellas sliced
- 3 cups water
- 1 jar 16 oz Ragú® Classic Alfredo
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles about 12 oz, broken into two inch pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup part skim ricotta
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the sausage and break it up, cooking until no longer pink.
- Remove the sausage from the skillet and transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then add the mushrooms and sauté until tender. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and add to sausage on the plate.
- Add the water and the Ragú® Classic Alfredo sauce to the skillet and whisk together. Bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles to the skillet, turn the heat down to medium, and stir regularly so the noodles don’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Cook until the noodles are tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add the sausage and mushrooms back to the pan, and turn the heat to low. Mix in the spinach and stir until it is wilted.
- Then add in the ricotta and mozzarella, stirring until the mozzarella is melted and the ricotta is well combined.
Ragú is celebrating everything that makes family mealtime #Saucesome. From unique recipes to silly moments to crazy weeknights…we want to hear it all.
Do you have a recent #Saucesome moment or recipe? Share below!