This easy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe is made so perfectly in the oven. While it bakes up, the delicious flavors of brown sugar and butter come together and make this the most amazing side dish. This is simple enough to make for a weeknight meal, but impressive enough to serve at a holiday dinner. When you are entertaining, set out these baked bacon wrapped asparagus next to the crispy brussels sprouts and the fast easy biscuits.
Can I be super honest with you for a second? We are only into the first week of December and all I want to do is ignore blogging and watch Christmas movies in my pajamas while I online shop. I suspect I am not alone in this. However! I also really want you to get a lot from Wine & Glue for you holiday celebrations. So I am busy testing cookie recipes (batch THREE of one I was working on finally came out perfect), and crafting side dishes I think you will love. I have another super pretty cocktail coming your way and hopefully a Christmas printable or two you will get a kick out of.
Up next on this list of dishes I think perfect for your holiday is this asparagus wrapped in bacon! They are baked perfectly in the oven after being doused in brown sugar and butter. They are about 10 minutes of prep time and 15 minutes of baking time, making them perfect to throw in at the very end of a holiday meal prep. This version is four servings, but it is easy enough to double or triple this recipe and just keep them all on the same baking sheet.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS IN THE OVEN?
This recipe is so simple to make in the oven. I cooked it on a cooling rack that can be used in the oven, but if you don’t have one, you could just put it right on the aluminum foil.
How do you bake asparagus at 400?
The key to this recipe is getting the bacon cooked and crispy without burning the asparagus. I found that using regular cut bacon (not thick cut), bundling the asparagus together (rather than wrapping it individually), and cooking for just 15 minutes at the higher temperature of 400 degrees made this recipe turn out perfect.
HOW DO YOU PREPARE ASPARAGUS?
Do you cut off the end of asparagus?
Trimming asparagus is really simple. Simply bend the end of the asparagus until you find the spot where it naturally snaps. In this oven roasted asparagus recipe, there is a video that shows me explaining it. Snap the whole pound of asparagus, or just snap one of the shorter pieces and then line it up with the rest of the asparagus and cut them to the same length. This will save your guests from chewing really tough asparagus ends.
Do you have to peel asparagus before cooking?
Whether or not you peel asparagus is a personal choice. I feel like once the woody end of the asparagus is snapped off you are good to go and I never peel my asparagus.
OTHER GREAT SIDE DISHES
- Roasted Baby Potatoes are so easy, simple and delish!
- If you like this bacon wrapped asparagus, you will love the brown sugar, butter, and honey combination of these Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots.
- My Zucchini Salad is so simple, but presents as elegant. Besides that, it is incredible delicious.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the Oven
- 1 pound asparagus washed and trimmed
- 4 slices bacon not thick cut
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Like a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray a cooling wrack with cooking spray and place on baking sheet.
- Divide the pound of asparagus into four groups. Wrap each group with one slice of bacon. Place the bundles on a the cooling wrack.
- Whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until fully combined. Spoon the mixture over each slice of bacon.
- Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy warm!
Other great holiday recipes you will love