This Baked Brussel Sprouts Casserole is the perfect easy side dish! Baked in the oven and made with frozen brussel sprouts, it come together with only about 10 minutes of prep time! This side dish recipe is delicious enough for a holiday meal, but easy enough for a weeknight dinner! Your family will love brussel sprouts after trying this cheesy brussel sprouts casserole!
We are in that holiday home stretch and OMG, I don’t know if I have been this tired since Piper was a newborn. Thing is that trying to post every single day and maintain holiday magic for your kids is a little like having a newborn. But I am so happy about the posts that have come out in the last week and what I have coming up for you this week. The Soft Cut Out Sugar Cookie Recipe, the Gingerbread House Recipe and the White Christmas Martini (of course!) are totally putting me in the holiday spirit!
And now I have something else for you! This Baked Brussel Sprouts Casserole is the perfect holiday side dish. If you think you don’t like brussels sprouts, you really need to try this recipe. It is a cheesy brussel sprout bake that comes together in no time and is sure to convert even the pickiest eater into being a brussel sprout lover.
BAKED BRUSSEL SPROUTS CASSEROLE
This amazing brussels sprout recipe comes together with just a few ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep time. Like that delicious Baked Cream Corn Casserole Recipe, it is another church cookbook recipe that I tweaked a little and doctored up with just a few more spices for some extra taste. I am so happy with how this one turned out. I couldn’t stop eating it after I photographed it and eventually just had to make a commitment and call it my lunch.
HOW TO BAKE BRUSSEL SPROUTS
There are a million and one brussel sprout recipes out there. And there are so many different ways that you can do them. If you want to keep life super simple, you could make my Crispy Brussels Sprouts recipe. If you are looking to woo the hearts of the picky eaters in your life, may I introduce to you your new favorite side dish recipe: Baked Brussel Sprouts Casserole.
I used frozen brussels sprouts in this recipe. It makes this recipe really easy to make last minute. You simple thaw the brussel sprouts in the microwave according to package directions, combine them with the other ingredients and then throw it all in the oven.
HOW LONG TO BAKE BRUSSEL SPROUTS
This recipe cooks up in just 30 minutes, making this such a great recipe to throw in with a weeknight dinner of Baked Chicken Tenders or Baked Turkey Meatballs! Or even easier when you are cooking a dinner in the slow cooker and you make Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches or Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches.
OTHER GREAT SIDE DISH RECIPES
- If you are looking for just a good ‘ole side dish for a weeknight meal, these baked potato wedges could not be simpler.
- If you need something for a weeknight but want a little more green in your life, make my oven baked asparagus recipe.
- Or if you want something a little more green, but want it to be fancy enough to serve at a holiday meal, make my bacon wrapped asparagus in the oven!
- Finally, I really love these roasted honey glazed carrots. They are so simple but absolutely delicious!
Baked Brussel Sprouts Casserole
- 2 (10) ounces frozen brussel sprouts thawed according to package instructions and cut in half
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs divided
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons onion diced (about 1/4 a small onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a small casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the thawed brussel sprouts, eggs, 1/2 cup of the breadcrumbs, the cream of mushroom soup, milk, onion, and spices. Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Top the casserole with the remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes uncovered. Serve warm.
Other great side dish recipes: