This BBQ Chicken Macaroni and Cheese is such an easy twist on a classic and so delicious! Total comfort food! I’m so excited to be partnering with Lipton to bring you this amazing dinner idea, perfect with Iced Tea! Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Wine & Glue going!
You know one of the things I totally love about this time of year . . . . though this is hard, because honestly? I love so many things about this time of year. I love that it is the season of comfort food! I love that I can make you guys tons and tons of warm you up dinner recipes in the fall and winter. In the summer when it’s grilling season all I want to make you is cocktails, but in the fall and winter, yummy dinners are where it is at!
This BBQ Chicken Macaroni and Cheese it it for SURE! It comes together really quickly, and it is so hearty and filling! I love how it is a twist on a classic that everyone loves. My husband said that the BBQ sauce in there sounded really weird to him, but he ended up totally loving it! Fall comfort food that you can dig into with the family at the end of the long work day is the best.
The trick to making a good macaroni and cheese is to make sure that you make a good roux to start the sauce. You want to combine the flour and melted butter really well and then slowly add the milk and watch it thicken up. Like a tablespoon at a time. If you scroll all the way to the bottom, you can see a video of me making this beauty and watch how a roux should look.
You know what else you need to make this BBQ Chicken Macaroni and Cheese perfect? The perfect drink to go along with it!
I’m so excited to try this Lipton Cold Brew and then be able to tell you about it! You guys! I’ve totally shied away from making iced tea forever because it seemed like a daunting complicated process, but Lipton just made it super simple for us!
First, you start with some Lipton Cold Brew that comes in the pitcher size tea bags. Grab two of those.
Now pour eight cups of cold water over the tea bags. Give them a solid five minutes to do their job, dunking them up and down in the water a few times in those five minutes.
Then add some sweetener and serve with your BBQ Chicken Macaroni and Cheese. I personally like mine with just a little lemon! And obviously with a side of BBQ Chicken Mac N Cheese!
Can you imagine though? This easy way of making iced tea is a total game changer and is going to be my new go to for delicious cold beverages! I can’t wait to dream up some fantastic cocktails for it too!
For more great twists on fall comfort food, click here!
BBQ Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni cooked and drained
- 4 TBSPs unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups milk I used skim
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 TBSPs butter melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 3 quart baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray and setting aside.
- Melt the 4 TBSPs butter over medium heat. Once fully melted, add the flour and whisk it in until it is completely combined. Cook until it is just light brown. Add the milk a little bit at a time, starting wit about a tablespoon. Whisk it in until fully combined and then add just another small bit, whisking that until combined. Continue until it is fully combined and all the milk is used.
- Reduce the heat, and stir in the cheddar cheese until fully melted into the sauce. Then add in the bbq sauce and the chicken.
- Stir in the noodles. You can then serve it as is or you can bake it.
- If you bake it, mix together the bread crumbs and melted butter. Pour the macaroni and cheese into the baking dish and then top with the bread crumb mixture and bake for 25 minutes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lipton. The opinions and text are all mine.