This is The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! It comes together fast and will become a very requested recipe!
My two year old has a split personality.
She is Dr. Toddler and Miss. Hot Mess.
When her siblings are not home she is as sweet as sweet can be. We have a great day together, she says hilarious and heart warming things to me. It’s wonderful.
Her siblings hop off the bus at the end of the day and . . .
She hops into her spiral of madness.
She tackles them, takes their things, tries to distract them from homework. I don’t favor my kids. I’m an equal opportunity yeller. But I will tell you, if a kid is screaming, it is almost always the baby’s fault. No lie.
And then they go back to school and she is Dr. Toddler again (you guys, I went round and round on these nick names and that is all I’ve got . . . I’m typing this late Sunday night and all my creativity crawled into a hole and died after spending the weekend doing all the family fun one can dream of).
We have extended family come over and she as sweet as can be! She charms them to no end. She even got my dad, my poor old dad (Hi, Dad! ???? ) to sit on the floor and do art with her. And then her father is home all day with her on the weekend and she makes it seem as though I give her no.discipline.ever.
Tell me I’m not the only one!! What the heck! I don’t know what to do with this kid. She gets time outs. They work in the moment . . . and then . . . blargh.
Let’s not talk about my frustrating toddler. (Miss Hot Mess actually seems really fitting. Let’s keep that one but work on a new one for Dr. Toddler.)
Let’s talk about this Banana Bread! For real the best chocolate chip banana bread! It’s seriously good. It’s not frustrating like a toddler because it turns out great every single time. ???? My kids *hate* bananas with a fiery passion, but they love this bread! They ask for it for breakfast and then again later in the day for a snack. Even better, they see it as a treat!
The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed well (see note)
- 6 TBSPS unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs at room temperature and lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan well with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a sperate bowl, whisk together the bananas, butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Gently mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes on the middle rack or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out with just a few crumbs.
Recipe from America’s Test Kitchen with the addition of chocolate chips
If you are looking for more quick bread: