I think when Gavin started school last year, I totally underestimated how it would change my life. I think I just thought that it would be like having a little break from the four year old for a few hours.
I totally underestimated how much there would to keep organized. And then that need for organization pretty much doubled now that he is in school full time this year. I swear that when I was five I didn’t have homework . . . and yet here we are.
After school in our house is such a weird time. Quinn is super pumped up because she is just getting done with a nap, and Gavin is in a super funk because he is tired and run down from a long day of school. They are both hungry, and a lot of the time I am torn between getting dinner ready, helping Gavin stay on task with his homework, and keeping Quinn occupied and away from her brother.
So easy dinners have been the way to go lately. Give me simple meals that are easy to put together or give me take out. Okay, give me simple meals that are easy to put together, because take out makes me feel like a bad mom.
Do you know what I love to use to make a quick easy meal for me and my family? Pillsbury Grands Biscuits! I first did it last year when I made my 15 Minute Mini Calzones, then as a compliment to another recipe with Mozzarella Focaccia Biscuits. And since then I’ve used them to make mini pizzas! There’s nothing like having dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes!
And now I have another awesome Pillsbury Grands recipe to add to the list! Buffalo Chicken Cups! This recipe is super easy to put together and so delicious. It’s the perfect way to use some left over chicken, and will be a big crowd pleaser either for a busy school night or for Sunday football!
The idea for this recipe came from Pillsbury’s Grands! Barbaque Cups and there are tons more delicious dinner ideas for busy nights on Pillsbury’s site. Make sure you go check them out! You can also click here to download a Pillsbury recipe booklet and then come back and tell me what you are most excited to try first!
Buffalo Chicken Cups
- 1 cup shredded chicken approximately one small chicken breast
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 cup of mozzarella divided
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 package of Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, 2/3 cup of mozzarella, buffalo sauce, scallions, and blue cheese.
- Pull apart the biscuits and flatten them to four inch rounds. Push each one into 8 of the muffin holes, pressing them firmly in. About 1/4 of inch of the dough will stick out.
- Distribute the chicken mixture into each of the eight cups.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella and bake for about 12 minutes or until the edges of the biscuit are golden brown.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills. Compensation was provided by General Mills via Clever Girls Collective.