I liked the wings. I liked the tall giant beers. And I even liked the sports on the giant tvs. We would play trivia and order ridiculous things like nachos, cheese smothered potato wedges, pretzel bites, and flat bread pizza.
(And obviously, its something I still love since my mouth is watering after writing that last sentence.)
It wasn’t even Nathan who wanted to go there all the time, it was me!!
If you love the buffalo flavor as much as I do, you are going to love these Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels.
The ridiculously awesome sauce recipe comes from Joanne at Fifteen Spatulas. (Make sure you go check out her great blog!) And with the other toppings, some pre-made pizza crust, and a little freezer magic, these will quickly become your favorite party appetizer!
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
For the Sauce*:
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot
- dash of worcestershire sauce
- Pillsbury Pizza Dough (one roll)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (one small bunch diced thru the beginning of green)
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken (about 3/4 of a small breast)
- 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Add the flour a little at a time, whisking it into the butter so that it turns into a smooth paste.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking as you go, so you get out all the lumps and it becomes a nice and creamy smooth sauce.
- Now whisk in the Franks, cook another minute or so and then remove from the heat
- Unroll the pizza crust on a large cutting board. Spread the pizza sauce over it. Then add the chicken, scallions, mozzarella, and blue cheese.
- Carefully roll it back up going backwards from the way you came (so the part of crust that had been in the middle of the roll will go back into the middle).
- Put the whole roll in the freezer for 10 minutes and preheat your oven to 350.
- When you take it out, slice it (I did mine in 8 slices) and bake on parchment paper or a Silpat for 15 minutes or until the outer crust golden brown.
Looking for more pizza inspired dinners?