This Cajun Chicken and Rice Casserole is the perfect delicious dinner! It starts with some of my Cajun seasoning recipe, to give it the absolute perfect flavor. Love this but want another spin on it? Make my Southwestern Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole!
Good morning and happy Monday, friends! This will be incredibly brief because I am in the middle of my third work trip in three weeks time (yikes!). Right now I am sitting in the living room of The Cookie Rookie. If you don’t already follow Becky on all the platforms, you should. She makes amazing delicious food, that is simple to create and just too gorgeous to look at.
Should we talk about this easy chicken and rice casserole?
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE
Chicken and Rice Casserole recipes are great because of how simple and easy they are to make. My Southwestern Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole comes together right in the casserole dish in about 5 minutes. Maybe a little slower depending on how fast you chop chicken.
This Cajun spin on it is slightly slower because I added in some fresh vegetables and some andouille sausage to really bring home that Cajun feel. After sautéing those up in a skillet, we mix all the rest of the ingredients together right in the casserole dish and throw it in the oven, making this a super simple dinner recipe.
TO SEE EXACTLY HOW I MADE THIS CHECK OUT THE VIDEO BELOW ABOVE THE RECIPE
THE BEST CAJUN SEASONING
The key to this recipe is my Cajun Seasoning. It is a delicious blend of paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes. I love making my own seasoning mixes because you can control things like salt and heat. If your family doesn’t like spice, cut down on the cayenne pepper and leave out the red pepper flakes.
The small batch of my Cajun Seasoning, is the perfect amount for this recipe.
OTHER GREAT CAJUN RECIPES
Because I can’t get enough of those Cajun flavors, I have other great recipes you can make after this one. They are all listed in my Cajun Seasoning post, but I would personally start with my:
Cajun Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces andouille sausage sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 pound chicken breasts raw and diced
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 cup instant white rice
- 21 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup (two 10.5 ounce cans)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skilled over medium heat, add the olive oil. Add the sliced andouille sausage and cook for about three minutes, stirring to allow both sides of the sausage to brown.
- Add in the garlic, onions, and bell peppers, and stir cooking for 5 to 7 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- While the veggies are cooking, combine the chicken soup, tomatoes, cajun seasoning, and rice in the casserole dish.
- Add in the chicken and cooked veggies and sausages and stir to combine.
- Cover the dish and bake for 55 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 5 more minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes, serve and enjoy!
Other great casseroles for dinner