This Champagne Moscow Mule is crisp, cool, refreshing, and the exact right balance of flavors. If you don’t want to pick between your bubbly and your favorite cocktail, don’t!
Looking for a classic Moscow Mule? Make sure you check out my Original Moscow Mule!
No lie, when I started writing this I almost called these Champagne Moscow Moms. Which is either a great name of a book club or an indication of just how much this mom needs a break and a glass of this Moscow Mule inspired bubbly.
WHAT IS A MOSCOW MULE
I love Moscow Mules so much that I just can’t stop drinking them or making variations on them. If you want to read everything there is to know about them, you should read my notes on the Original Moscow Mule recipe.
If you want the cliff notes version: A Moscow Mule, typically served and kept cold in a copper mug, is a combination of vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer.
SO THEN WHAT IS A CHAMPAGNE MOSCOW MULE?
To turn the classic Moscow Mule into a great champagne cocktail, I played around with the flavors a little bit and made the most amazing cocktail mash up. You get the great bubbles of champagne in your fancy flute, while still getting the flavors of a Moscow Mule. It’s the perfect combo.
CHAMPAGNE MOSCOW MULE INGREDIENTS
You need more ingredients for this champagne cocktail then my typical cocktails, but it is well worth it my friends.
- Lime juice: The best is freshly squeezed, but I will use the bottled in a pinch.
- Simple syrup: I like to make my own because it is so easy, but you can also buy some near your other cocktail supplies.
- Vodka: Make sure you buy something that is good quality. Bad vodka ruins a good cocktail.
- Champagne: You don’t need to break the bank, but make sure you buy a brand that you would drink on it’s own.
- Ginger Ale: The added sweetness o the ginger ale is the perfect replacement for ginger beer in this recipe.
HOW DO I MAKE CHAMPAGNE MOSCOW MULES?
These really do come together so simply. The ingredients in the recipe card are for two cocktails, but it is just as easy to make four or more! (Pssst . . . . did you know if you click on the serving size in my recipe card you can move the sliding scale to change how many cocktails you want to make! 🤯)
- Fill a metal shaker with ice. (The metal will make your drink extra cold.) Add in the vodka, simple syrup and lime juice. Shake well to combine
- Strain into champagne flutes.
- Top with champagne and ginger ale.
- Garnish with lime wedges and mint.
OTHER GREAT VARIATIONS ON MOSCOW MULES
I mean, no need to stop here, my friends. Am I right??
- TROPICAL MOSCOW MULES
- FROZEN MOSCOW MULES
- CHERRY MOSCOW MULESS
- JALAPENO MOSCOW MULE
- MOSCOW MULE WITH GIN
Now if you need me, I will be thinking up 18.4 billion other variations on Moscow Mules
If you end up making these, please stop back in and let me know what you think in the comments!
Champagne Moscow Mule
- 1/2 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces ginger ale
- 4 ounces champagne
- mint leaves for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the simple syrup, vodka, and lime juice. Shake well to combine.
- Add the vodka mixture to the bottoms of the champagne flutes.
- Top with ginger ale and champagne.
- Garnish with fresh lime and fresh mint leaves.