Cheese and Sausage Egg Muffins
I’m so proud to be working with Jennie-O to bring you this post! We eat so much Jennie-O in our house and I love sharing those recipes with you! Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make Wine & Glue possible!
Have you guys seen Moana yet??
OMG. We have watched it like three times and I seriously cry every single time.
It’s totally possible that it’s just been an emotional couple of months – when I add up all the things that have happened since January 1st, I’m a little impressed with myself that I haven’t completely lost it – but I also cry every time we listen to the soundtrack. It is now on repeat in our house, and I’m not usually such a sap, but it legitimately makes me cry.
I think it’s the telling of a story of young girl who is fighting for her people and finding strength within herself . . . you guys, I’m for sure a sap! I just gave myself goosebumps writing that last sentence. ????
I love the idea of showing my kids movies that show them the importance of inner strength. Especially my girls! It’s a far cry from the boy rescuing the girl in all.the.movies of my youth. So if you haven’t seen it yet, you totally have to. Also, they show Moana as a toddler, young girl, and older teenager, and as a young girl she is a spitting image of my niece which I think is the coolest thing ever.
And after you give my first recommendation a go, you have to try the next one, which is these super fast Cheese and Sausage Egg Muffins! These babies are SO fast. And they are crazy delicious too. They start with Jennie-O’s all natural breakfast sausage. We adore all of Jennie-O’s sausages. The Sweet Italian is a weekly staple in my house because it has such a great flavor, and this breakfast sausage is no different. It is so perfect in these muffins because with so few other ingredients, the flavor the sausage really shines through and makes for one amazing tasting muffin!
These muffins take about 10 minutes of prep, and then bake for 25 minutes. So they are fast! This recipe makes 24, so you can always stick them in the freezer and then microwave them for a minute at half power and have a great breakfast on the go!
Cheese and Sausage Egg Muffins Recipe
Cheese and Sausage Egg Muffins
- 1 pound Jennie-O Breakfast Sausage
- 24 large eggs
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage until fully cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs. Add the onion, pepper, spices, cooked sausage, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Spray two 12 cup muffin tins heavily with cooking spray. Using a 1/3 cup measure, fill the muffin cups (in other words, 1/3 cup of the mixture in each muffin cup). Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the muffins are set. (Mine were done at 20 minutes, but when I baked until 25 minutes they came out of the pan more easily.)
Recipe just barely adapted from Taste of Home
Looking for more turkey sausage for breakfast?