This Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta comes together so fast! This easy chicken dinner recipe is the perfect combo of spicy and creamy! You will love every single thing about this recipe, from how easily it comes together, to how delicious and comforting it is to eat. If this is your first Cajun inspired recipe that you are making at home, don’t stop here, make this Cajun Cobb Salad and this Jambalaya soup. They do not disappoint. And with your own cajun seasoning recipe on hand, they are even better!
I am so happy to be partnering with Sutter Home for their #SweetonSpice program to bring you this incredibly easy weeknight dinner with a kick! Pair it with a glass of their delicious White Zinfandel!
Can I tell you guys a little secret?
It’s seriously not a secret at all. I love cooking with wine. Like in my glass.
I’m not sure if there is anything quite as relaxing for me as making a delicious dinner on a weeknight, with the kids all occupied, while sipping a delicious glass of wine. In fact, that’s my date night of choice. Just Nathan and I in the kitchen together after the kids have gone to bed, chatting while we cook together. He’s a really good sous chef. (And easy on the eyes)
Sutter Home’s White Zinfandel is perfect for date night and perfect for sipping while cooking! It’s delicious, slightly sweet, and has notes of melon and strawberries. In other words, I’m going to be sipping it all summer long!
It’s also perfect when paired with slightly spicy food! Like this Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta! It’s a restaurant classic that is super easy to make at home. It’s like a dreamy meal, perfect for date night in, that is done in 30 minutes! You guys. It doesn’t get any better than this. For real.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA
This recipe is easy to make but there are a few things to keep in mind to help it turn out perfectly.
- It’s a good idea to have all your ingredients out and ready before you begin this recipe. It will make it go more smoothly.
- Make sure you pound the chicken thin. It is what is necessary to make it cook quickly and make this the fast amazing dinner that it is. If that’s not something you’re interested in, you could slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise, though you may need more cajun seasoning to cover them.
- Keep an eye on your garlic in the butter and if you do happen to burn it, start over. Nothing ruins a recipe faster than burnt garlic.
- After adding the flour, it’s important to slowly whisk in the liquid. It is what leaves you with a nice creamy sauce.
If you are looking for more delicious dinners to pair with Sutter Homes wines, make sure to try these Spicy Sriracha Shrimp Tacos, For more delicious spicy meals perfect to pair with Sutter Homes White Zinfandel, follow them on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe Video Tutorial
Enjoy this easy chicken dinner recipe!
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
This Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta comes together so fast! This easy chicken dinner recipe is the perfect combo of spicy and creamy!
- 8 oz penne pasta cooked according to package instructions
- 2 TBSPs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded thin
- 1 1/2 TBSPs Cajun seasoning divided
- 2 TBSPs unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 TBSP all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan plus more for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 diced tomato
- fresh parsley chopped
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken on both sides with 1 TBSP Cajun seasoning. Add to the skillet. Cook for about three minutes on each side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, clean it, and return it to the medium heat.
- Melt the butter, add the garlic and sautée for about 30 seconds. Whisk in the flour and cook it for another 30 seconds. Very slowly add the half and half, initially about a tablespoon at a time, so the sauce thickens. Add more quickly after you have added about half a cup.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and allow it melt completely. Add the remaining 1/2 TBSP Cajun seasoning and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the penne to the sauce, top with tomatoes, parsley, parmesan cheese, and the sliced cooked chicken.
- Enjoy immediately!
Other great spicy dinners