You guys! I’m so excited about today’s post! My good buddy, Amy, from Belly Full has just released her new book, and it is almost entirely these really fast easy delicious dinners, like that bad boy up there ^^^ that I ate nearly half of myself while batting away the hands of hungry children. Kidding. Sort of.
Amy, forever now, has been the master of easy dinner recipes. It’s what she does best on her blog, and Good Fast Eats does not fall short. There are so many easy amazing dinners in there. If you guys haven’t noticed, I have been really working hard to build up the “easy dinner” ideas on ye old blog, and this book fits right in with that.
This recipe jumped right out at me because at my core I am a carb lover, and this one did not disappoint my pasta lovin’ heart. It is made by cooking everything in one pot (WINNING!) and you cook the pasta in chicken stock! Which I don’t know if you realized this, is a little trick to making pasta have the most delicious homey flavor ever.
This recipe comes together in just about 30 minutes, and at the very end, you give it a hearty splash of heavy cream to add to the most delicious flavor ever. I took out the onions because my husband demanded in his wedding vows that I pledge to never cook with onions. Ever. And I subbed in some turkey sausage, which meant that I needed to add a little extra oil to cook my garlic. But I’m going to give you the recipe exactly how Amy has written it because she is a master of delicious quick dinners.
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t need quick easy dinners, but I was thinking especially, that this cookbook is such a great gift idea for college students who haven’t mastered how to cook yet. Amy uses easy to find affordable ingredients, uncomplicated cooking methods, and hello fast dinners! It’s perfect for a busy mom like myself and awesome for a busy college student just learning to cook!
One Pot Creamy Spaghetti and Sausage
- 3 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 oz thin spaghetti broken in half (see note)
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- parmesan optional
- In a large sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add sausages and cook, turning occasionally, until they are browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer the cooked sausages to a plate and pour off all but 1 TBSP of the oil form the pan.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in the broth and water and turn up the heat to bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the pasta and simmer until tender, about 7 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, slice the sausages in half lengthwise and then into half moon pieces. Add it back to the pan and cook for another two minutes with the h pasta.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted. Then stir in the cream and heat through for about a minute.
- Serve immediately, topped with shredded parmesan.
This post contains affiliate links, if you click on them and then make a purchase, I make a small amount of money at no additional cost to you. Thank you in advance for supporting Wine & Glue.