This Crock Pot Taco Soup couldn’t be quicker to throw together, and it’s such a delicious and healthy dinner, at less than 300 calories a bowl! Grab my homemade taco seasoning and your slow cooker and make this over and over!
Don’t want to wait all day? Make this chicken taco soup in your pressure cooker with my Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup!
THIS CROCK POT TACO SOUP TAKES FIVE MINUTES TO MAKE!
This recipe is one we have made in my house forever because it is so simple and easy to make. I love that it only takes about five minutes to throw together. If you can open cans of soup, you can make this recipe.
TACO SOUP INGREDIENTS
There are a few simple ingredients in this taco soup.
- Chicken Stock – I like to buy chicken stock base to use in this. It cuts down on the cost of so many recipes.
- Taco Seasoning – Make my small batch version or use 3 tablespoons of the big batch.
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Kidney Beans
- Black Beans
- Corn – You can use canned or frozen, both work fine.
- Chicken – See my note below
Isn’t it incredible that you can make such a delicious soup with so few ingredients and time?
CAN I USE FROZEN CHICKEN?
I have gotten this question so many times about this soup, so I finally gave it a try. Yes! You can use frozen chicken and it just barely changes the cooking time. When you add frozen chicken:
- Add 2 hours to the low setting.
- Add 1 hour to the high setting.
In other words, cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
IS TACO SOUP HEALTHY?
In the grand scheme of dinners, I would call this soup recipe very healthy. You are using a lean meat and beans for your protein. And the way I cook, I count beans as vegetables too. They are low in fat and have good fiber in them.
Finally, while this soup comes in at a nice low 300 calories a bowl, it leaves you feeling full so you aren’t scrounging the house for snacks an hour after dinner.
WHAT GOES WITH TACO SOUP?
I think this is a great one pot meal. We like to jazz it up a little by adding some of the following toppings:
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
If you really want to have side dishes with this, I would suggest
WATCH ME MAKE THIS TACO SOUP IN THE CROCK POT
Crock Pot Taco Soup
- 28 oz crushed tomatos
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (or 1 ounce)
- 16 oz kidney beans drained
- 15.5 oz black beans drained
- 11 oz corn not in liquid, vacuum packed
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless, skinless, raw
- Mix all ingredients together in a crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- At the end of the cooking time, remove the chicken from the crock pot, shred and return to the soup.
- Serve topped with light sour cream and shredded cheese.
Other great slow cooker soups
This post contains affiliate links, if you click on them and then make a purchase, I make a small amount of money at no additional cost to you. Thank you in advance for supporting Wine & Glue.