If a sophisticated, classy drink with the right amount of pizzazz is what you crave at the end of a long work day, this Dirty Martini is the answer to your cocktail hour conundrums.
WHAT IS A DIRTY MARTINI?
While the name “dirty” martini may not sound refreshing or even appetizing, it’s actually a very flavorful twist on the traditional martini. Just as the Cosmopolitan Cocktail or Blueberry Martini uses fruit juice to add a different flavor, this Dirty Martini Recipe uses olive juice or brine. The result is a tangy cocktail that is the perfect potion to kick off happy hour any night of the week. Try this Metropolitan Martini too!
This vodka martini dirty comes together in just three ingredients: vodka, olive juice, and olives for garnish.
HOW TO MAKE A DIRTY MARTINI:
- For one martini, begin with three ounces quality vodka.
- Add about an ounce or so of olive juice. There are a few options for this. You can use a cheaper can of olives for the juice; use homemade olive brine; or you can get a large jar of gourmet olives and mix dry vermouth with the juice to make it last longer.
- Combine liquids in a martini shaker with ice.
- Shake, don’t stir. Shaking the cocktail with ice will ensure it’s served up icy cold.
- Pour into a martini glass and garnish with green olives. How many olives you want is up to you. I’ve heard that the correct number of olives is as many as you can convince the bartender to give you. So since you’re making this at home, the sky’s the limit!
Dirty Martini Recipe
- 3 ounces quality vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces olive juice
- olives for garnish
- Combine vodka and olive juice in a martini shaker. Stir with ice and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with olives.