This Easy Cheesy Southwestern Breakfast Casserole comes together FAST and bakes up delicious! Perfect for Sunday brunch or a holiday weekend! Thanks Jennie-O for sponsoring this delicious breakfast idea!
I could not be more excited to for today’s post! Today is the day that I get to share the great news that I am officially partnering with Jennie-O to bring you amazing, lean, and delicious recipes! I seriously have been SO excited sitting on this news that I thought I would burst.
I use Jennie-O products so many times a week. It’s the meat that we eat more than any other! And if you’ve noticed, I’ve been using it in my blog posts for ages. Three of my favorites are this soup (recently rephotographed), this eggplant (also recently updated), and these meatballs that my kiddos request more than any other. (Pssst . . . even more than my Italian grandmother’s meatballs . . . don’t tell.)
You see why I’m so excited to be working with them?
For my first post, I made this amazing Easy Cheesy Southwestern Breakfast Casserole! Ummm, I love a good egg bake. You soak some bread in eggs and throw it in the oven and I’m a happy happy girl. You add some Jennie-O sausage to the mix and I’m even happier.
The lean Jennie-O breakfast sausage is so perfect in this dish. I promise that you won’t miss the pork or beef sausage that you would normally use. Despite the missing fat, the meat is moist and delicious and totally perfect in here. Besides . . . then you an add a little more cheese. 😉
So much of the great flavor in this comes from the salsa that you mix in, making this flavorful, delicious, and super easy. Given how easy it is, I’m thinking that it would make a perfect Mother’s Day brunch dish! Don’t you think? And pair it with a little Jennie-O bacon, some fruit and coffee, and you’re done! Plus, you could totally throw this together the night before and then just let it come to room temperature the next morning before tossing it in the oven!
Easy Cheesy Southwestern Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound Jennie-O Mild Breakfast Sausage
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 eggs
- 1 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 cups cubed white bread
- 2 1/2 cups mexican cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Break up the sausage and cook until no longer pink
- Add the onion, green bell pepper, garlic, and red bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent, about five minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, whisk the eggs. Add to the eggs, the milk, salt, salsa, 1 1/2 cup cheese, and bread. Mix to combine.
- Add the veggie and meat mixture, and stir together.
- Pour the whole mixture into the prepared pan and top with 1 cup cheese.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Let the casserole sit for 10 minutes before cutting into it.
You might also like this delicious breakfast casserole!