This Taco Cheese Ball Recipe is going to be your new favorite appetizer! It’s easy to make, has that delicious homemade taco seasoning flavor, and is totally addictive. It’s easy to make and perfect for a party!
Happy Sunday friends! Today is the first weekend day my family has had in a while with no plans, and we are loving it. Just laying around the house an being lazy. My goal today is not to get out of my pajamas all day.
With the holiday season fast approaching, I have a very serious question for you: What recipes would you like to see this time of year? Twists on Thanksgiving classics like this make ahead stuffing recipe? Great easy desserts that are perfect to share with family and friends like my easy fudge recipes? Simple neighbor gifts like those DIY bird feeders I posted last week?
I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment here, or better yet, join the Wine & Glue Facebook group, Hot Mess Moms. I check it daily and I am much faster there responding to comments and questions.
Should we talk about this easy cheeseball recipe?
Last year I posted a recipe for an Olive Cheese Ball. It was a huge hit! So easy and delicious and so pretty to put out at a party. I mean who doesn’t love a cheese ball recipe with cream cheese? So I wanted to make another one, and I know how much you guys love all things taco. My Taco Pasta Salad, Taco Braid, and Taco Stuffed Peppers are all some of my most popular recipes.
HOW DO YOU MAKE AN EASY CHEESE BALL RECIPE
This is a twist on a classic cheese ball recipe that your family is going to totally love, and plus it’s super simple.
- Start with two blocks of cream cheese that are room temperature.
- Add in cheese, corn, green chilies, and homemade taco seasoning.
- Blend to combine.
- Using saran wrap, form it into a ball and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, coat it with Dorrito crumbles, and serve!
The fact that this is so simple to make and then the delicious flavor on top of it makes this the best cheese ball recipe. Seriously, your guests won’t be able to get enough of this and you will find yourself making it again and again.
ALTERNATIVE CHEESE BALL TOPPINGS
Other things that you could consider using to make a coating for this easy cheese ball recipe (either alone or combined):
- green onions
- finely chopped tomatoes
WHAT TO SERVE WITH YOUR HOMEMADE CHEESE BALL RECIPE
You guys, this seems like such a simple question, but it really tripped me up. Ahhh, the problems a food blogger faces, lol. So, I want to serve this with tortilla chips because I just think it makes more sense and is a lot prettier, but it’s not super super easy to dig into this with a tortilla chip. So my suggestion to you is that you put out crackers and chips, and a knife and kind of let people decide what they want to do. The longer it sits out the easier it will be to eat with chips.
OTHER GREAT APPETIZERS FOR A PARTY
- This Cranberry Brie Crescent Braid is always a hit at parties!
- I love making my mom’s Guacamole Recipe for get togethers.
- I wouldn’t be able to leave this Baked Crab Dip alone!
- These Stuffed Mini Peppers are healthy so I can eat 20, right?
- I’m ALWAYS a sucker for French Onion Dip!
Easy Taco Cheese Ball Recipe
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 4 ounces green chilies drained
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (or a one ounce packet)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup crushed Doritos
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, green chilies, taco seasoning, shredded cheese, and frozen corn.
- Spread out a large piece of plastic wrap. Dump the mixture onto the plastic wrap.
- Using the plastic wrap, form the mixture into a ball. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Take out of the refrigerator, remove the plastic wrap and coat with crushed Doritos.
- Serve with crackers and tortilla chips.
Other great appetizers