This Gin Rickey Recipe is the less sweet and lower calorie version of the Gin and Tonic you love! It’s a delicious simple cocktail that you could make so many different variations of.
THE PERFECT LIGHT COCKTAIL
It seems like the older I get the more I’m looking for cocktails that are delicious and refreshing, but aren’t overly sweet. That is, perhaps, why I love this Gin Rickey so very much. A highball drink that dates back to the 1900s, you just can’t go wrong with the classic gin rickey recipe.
It also doesn’t hurt that it’s not 8 million calories for one glass. Only 180 calories for this delicious Gin Rickey!
GIN AND TONIC VS. GIN RICKEY
As I mentioned, a Gin Rickey is basically just the lighter, lower calorie version of the Gin and Tonic. Instead of using sweetened lime juice and tonic water like in the Gin and Tonic, this recipe uses unsweetened lime juice and club soda. Trust me, the flavor will still knock your socks off!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE A GIN RICKEY RECIPE?
This low-cal cocktail comes together in just three simple ingredients:
- Gin (I love using Bombay Saphire…also delicious in this Cucumber Lemon Gin and Tonic and this Gin Fizz)
- Lime juice (either freshly squeezed or from a bottle)
- Chilled club soda
HOW TO MAKE A GIN RICKEY
While you could pull out your cocktail shaker for this, I think it’s simpler just to mix it right in the glass.
- Add ice to a high ball glass.
- Pour in the gin and lime juice.
- Top with club soda and stir to combine.
GIN RICKEY VARIATIONS
With a recipe as simple as this, you can dress up your Gin Rickey a million different ways.
- Use grapefruit flavored sparkling water instead of club soda.
- Lime and watermelon go great together! Add a splash of watermelon juice!
- Muddle some raspberries in the bottom of your glass for color and a bit of flavor.
OTHER GREAT GIN COCKTAILS
Gin Rickey Recipe
- 2 ounces gin I love Bombay Saphire
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3 ounces club soda chilled
- Combine the gin and lime juice in a high ball glass filled with ice.
- Top with club soda. Stir to combine.
You might also like: