So. I can say with absolute certainty now that I am NOT cut out for a cooking competition show, ala Chopped.
My assignment for this post was to create a dish out of four products:
- red pepper
- greek yogurt
- and Sargento® Chef Blends™ 6 Cheese Italian
Ummmm . . . I had like four epic fails. I for sure would have been chopped. The easy part about this dish was the Sargento! I mean, I get that they are sponsoring this post, but seriously, we looooooove Sargento in the Wine & Glue house. We literally have four bags in our fridge at all times. And it doesn’t hurt that they are a Wisconsin based company, making some delicious cheese right up the road. Okay, back to the fails. There might not be anything more frustrating for me than recipe fails. Except when my kids are acting like rabid monkeys. So I tried cooking the chicken in the delicious yogurt sauce that I made. Ummm . . . yeah, no. I thought maybe it was the lemon juice that was causing the problems, so I did it again . . . ummm, it wasn’t the lemon. After each try, I grumbled and tried and scraped out the cheesy goodness from the inside of the chicken to drown my tears. #cheeseisalwaystheanswer My real problem? I’m stubborn. I refuse to let a good dish die. I have to make it work. And in this case I’m so thankful for my stubbornness. I mean it smelled amazing while baking, I knew with just a little tweaking it would be perfect. Finally, I decided to bake the chicken and then smoother it in the delicious yogurt sauce. Perfection! To explain to you just how delicious this is, you know how picky my husband is, right? He took one look at those kalamata olives squeezing out in all their deliciousness and gave me the look. The look that says, “You have met me right? You’ve got to be kidding.” So I said to him, “Please give it a chance. It’s so good, I swear.” And he did! And he loved it! He actually said that he wished there had been more! OMG. I am the champion of everything. I win life. Hmmmm . . . . maybe I could go on Chopped . . . . well, only if they allow you like eight trial runs, lol! So I’m sure that you have some genius ideas for how you would use chicken, a red bell pepper, Greek yogurt, and Sargento® Chef Blends™ 6 Cheese Italian . . . what would you make?? Leave me a comment below letting me know, and then go make it and enter the Chopped At Home Challenge!
Greek Stuffed Chicken
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup Sargento® Chef Blends™ 6 Cheese Italian
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives chopped
- 1 red pepper roasted or jarred roasted red pepper
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut each of the four chicken breasts in half, not going all the way through, butterflying them. (See photo above. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper. Put 1/4 cup of Sargento® Chef Blends™ 6 Cheese Italian shredded cheese on top of each piece of chicken. Then top each with 1 TBSP chopped Kalamata olives and 1 TBSP diced roasted red pepper. Fold the chicken back over and secure closed with two toothpicks.
- Place the four stuffed chicken breasts in the prepared pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, measure out the one cup of Greek yogurt into a medium sized bowl. Stir it well until it is completely smooth. Then stir in the lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano, black pepper, and thyme.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, transfer to plates, and remove toothpicks. Spoon a large spoonful of the yogurt sauce over each chicken breast and serve.