Skip the take out and make the BEST Grilled Chicken Sandwich recipe right at home. This grilled chicken sandwich marinade is such an easy recipe and it will become a fast favorite in your house! Serve it up with some healthy potato salad and some roasted asparagus for the perfect summer dinner!
Happy Monday, my friends! How are you on this hot and humid July day? Did you have a good weekend?
Over the weekend we went for a family hike. I am thinking that it might be my new favorite activity. Its the second time we went and I was so impressed with how well my kids did with their tiny little legs. Even Piper. At one point, Piper tripped on a root. It was full on screaming and tears. There were no cuts, just a lot of dirt, and I think that might have been what upset her most of all.
The solution ended up being her older sister kicking the root and screaming at it for tripping Piper. It was kind of amazing.
We are full on in the thick of summer, and I think that we haven’t actually opened up our grill once. Okay, maybe once, but I don’t think more than that. We have just been too busy. But! I have a recipe that is going to change all that for us and hopefully give you guys one more thing to make on the grill.
The BEST Grilled Chicken Sandwiches!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE
One of the things I really love about this recipe is it’s simplicity. The marinade is fast and easy to throw together, making this such a perfect weeknight meal. I also cut whole chicken breasts in half because it makes them cook so fast and so perfect, and I’m anti pounding out chicken breasts for the most part #aintnobodygottimeforthat
- Whisk together the ingredients for your grilled chicken sandwich marinade. I love this because you should have everything on hand.
- Cut your chicken breasts in half and throw them in. Marinate for at least a half hour but up to 8 hours. This is perfect to whip up before work!
- Grill for just three minutes on each side!
- Serve it up on a bun with the best grilled chicken sandwich sauce, this garlic mayo mustard sandwich spread.
MAKE THIS GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH A MEAL
My family would be satisfied just having this grilled chicken sandwich as their dinner, but they live with someone who loves to have a full rounded meal, go figure. This would be perfect with some grilled corn on the side, but I also love my easy beet salad as a side dish in the summer. I am also dying to try this coleslaw recipe. If my kids were being really good, I would make them this cherry limeade to go with dinner, because it screams summer and is such a great fun treat they love. And then we could have this no bake pineapple dream dessert!
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- 1 pound chicken breasts sliced in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk all the ingredients for the marinade together and pour into a ziplock bag.
- Gently prick the chicken with a knife in a few spots and add it to the bag and marinade in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours.
- Lightly grease your grill and grill the chicken breasts for 3 minutes on each side over low heat or until the register 165 degrees internally.
- Serve on a bun with all your favorite sandwich toppings!
Other great fast dinners!