This Grilled Pineapple with Cinnamon Honey Drizzle is a perfect side dish or light dessert! The extra flavor added with the grilling combined with the amazing sauce turns this into a grilled pineapple dessert. Learn how to cut a pineapple and then make this amazing grilled pineapple!
It was right around the time that I was graduating from college that Rachael Ray was kind of coming onto the cooking scene in a major way. Nathan and I would watch 30 minute meals, and I was totally enthralled with the idea of making a well balanced meal at home . . . I guess before then I assumed that if I ever wanted to eat well again, I would have to go to my mom’s house.
It wasn’t long before my mom was giving me Rachael Ray’s cook books for every major holiday . . . and it’s only now occurring to me that maybe this was a hint, lol!
In a way, I feel like Rachael was one of the first people to forge the way for food bloggers. Though she never had a blog (well, at least not one that I know of), she was never a classically trained chef. She is just a pure lover of food, and kind of learned how to cook from practice. A girl after my own heart.
Anyway, when I was thinking about what I wanted on the blog for summer, one of the first things I thought of, was grilled pineapple slices, a recipe that I first saw on Rachael Ray’s Thirty Minute Meals. It’s so simple to make, and it can be served as a fun side dish or as a healthy dessert.
Here, I’ve paired it with a really simple honey and cinnamon drizzle. It gives it a little sweetness with a kick that I think is so yummy over the warm grilled pineapple!
HOW TO GRILL PINEAPPLE
- Preheat your grill (or your indoor grill top!)
- Spray your indoor grill with a nonstick spray, or grease your grill.
- Grill the pineapple spears for three minutes on each side.
- Before serving, drizzle on some Cinnamon Honey Sauce!
GRILLED PINEAPPLE ON STOVE
As I mentioned above, if you want to make this recipe in the winter, you can grab a stove top grill and go for it. It comes together so fast and grilled pineapple is pretty healthy, making it a great family friendly dessert.
OTHER GREAT PINEAPPLE RECIPES
- If you have extra grilled pineapple left over (though I doubt it), I highly recommend this Pineapple Mango Salsa!
- If you aren’t a mango fan, then use your left over pineapple in this Pineapple Avocado Salsa!
- When you can’t get enough pineapple, make this Pineapple Coconut Zucchini Bread.
- And if your sweet tooth is rally kicking in, make this Pineapple Cake Recipe!
WATCH ME MAKE THIS GRILLED PINEAPPLE
Grilled Pinapple with Cinnamon Honey Drizzle
This Grilled Pineapple with Cinnamon Honey Drizzle is a perfect side dish or light dessert! The extra flavor added with the grilling combined with the amazing sauce makes this the most delicious tasty recipe.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pineapple sliced into spears
On a grill prepared with non stick spray, place pineapple slices over medium heat for about three minutes on each side.
- While the pineapple is grilling, mix together the honey (softened in the microwave for about 30 seconds) and the cinnamon.
- Drizzle the grilled pineapple with the honey and serve.
Other great side dishes!