This Grilled Pineapple with Cinnamon Honey Drizzle is a perfect side dish or light dessert! The extra flavor added with the grilling combined with the amazing sauce turns this into a grilled pineapple dessert. Learn how to cut a pineapple and then make this amazing grilled pineapple!
It was right around the time that I was graduating from college that Rachael Ray was kind of coming onto the cooking scene in a major way. Nathan and I would watch 30 minute meals, and I was totally enthralled with the idea of making a well balanced meal at home . . . I guess before then I assumed that if I ever wanted to eat well again, I would have to go to my mom’s house.
It wasn’t long before my mom was giving me Rachael Ray’s cook books for every major holiday . . . and it’s only now occurring to me that maybe this was a hint, lol!
In a way, I feel like Rachael was one of the first people to forge the way for food bloggers. Though she never had a blog (well, at least not one that I know of), she was never a classically trained chef. She is just a pure lover of food, and kind of learned how to cook from practice. A girl after my own heart.
Anyway, when I was thinking about what I wanted on the blog for summer, one of the first things I thought of, was grilled pineapple slices, a recipe that I first saw on Rachael Ray’s Thirty Minute Meals. It’s so simple to make, and it can be served as a fun side dish or as a healthy dessert.
Here, I’ve paired it with a really simple honey and cinnamon drizzle. It gives it a little sweetness with a kick that I think is so yummy over the warm grilled pineapple!
HOW TO GRILL PINEAPPLE
- Preheat your grill (or your indoor grill top!)
- Spray your indoor grill with a nonstick spray, or grease your grill.
- Grill the pineapple spears for three minutes on each side.
- Before serving, drizzle on some Cinnamon Honey Sauce!
GRILLED PINEAPPLE ON STOVE
As I mentioned above, if you want to make this recipe in the winter, you can grab a stove top grill and go for it. It comes together so fast and grilled pineapple is pretty healthy, making it a great family friendly dessert.
OTHER GREAT PINEAPPLE RECIPES
- If you have extra grilled pineapple left over (though I doubt it), I highly recommend this Pineapple Mango Salsa!
- If you aren’t a mango fan, then use your left over pineapple in this Pineapple Avocado Salsa!
- When you can’t get enough pineapple, make this Pineapple Coconut Zucchini Bread.
- And if your sweet tooth is rally kicking in, make this Pineapple Cake Recipe!
WATCH ME MAKE THIS GRILLED PINEAPPLE
Grilled Pinapple with Cinnamon Honey Drizzle
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pineapple sliced into spears
- On a grill prepared with non stick spray, place pineapple slices over medium heat for about three minutes on each side.
- While the pineapple is grilling, mix together the honey (softened in the microwave for about 30 seconds) and the cinnamon.
- Drizzle the grilled pineapple with the honey and serve.
Other great side dishes!