Learning How to Cut a Pineapple is very simple, and once you do it, you will get pineapples all the time! After you master how to cut pineapple, you can make this amazing Grilled Pineapple with Honey Cinnamon Glaze, this delicious Pineapple Mango Salsa, or this perfect Simple Fruit Salad!
I really love recipes that use fresh pineapple. But it wasn’t until I was pregnant with my oldest that I learned how to cut a pineapple. I started craving it like mad and was eating at least one pineapple a week by myself! Now, my very favorite way to eat a pineapple is to cut it into spears and grill it! It makes the most delicious light dessert! But before we do that, let’s learn how to cut a pineapple properly.
HOW TO CUT A PINEAPPLE
- Cut off the top and bottom.
- Then make small slices off the sides, removing the skin. You want the cuts to be deep enough that you take off the eyes, but not so deep that you take off a ton of pineapple.
- Once all the skin is off, cut the pineapple in half. And then into quarters.
- Now cut the core of the pineapple out. (See photo below)
- Cut the pineapple into spears. You can now either cut it into smaller pieces, or if you are grilling it, leave it as is.
PICTURES OF HOW TO CUT A PINEAPPLE
Cut off the top
Cut off the bottom
Cut off the skin
Making thin slices, continue to cut the skin off.
Cut the pineapple in half and then into quarters.
Cut the core out of the pineapple by slicing down the tip of the quartered chunk.
Now cut the pineapple into spears and then into chunks if you desire.
GREAT RECIPES USING FRESH PINEAPPLE
- Grilled Pineapple with Honey Cinnamon Drizzle – this is a great summer dessert, but I even like to make it on the indoor grill top in the winter.
- Tropical Margarita Sangria – this drink NEEDS fresh pineapple, it makes it that much more flavorful and tropical.
- Simple Side Salad – such an easy side dish that you will love so much!
- Pineapple Mango Salsa – this is one of my favorite salsa recipes, it is delicious and easy!
- Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Recipe – this looks like the perfect appetizer!
- Cowboy Caviar Pineapple Dip – this like the best of ALL worlds! I love Cowboy Caviar!
- Spicy Pineapple Margarita – it is absolutely worth it to cut up whole pineapple just to garnish this beauty.