This Hummus Toast Recipe is such an easy healthy breakfast recipe. It comes together with just a few simple ingredients and will be your new go to for a breakfast that keeps you full throughout the morning.
I’m so happy to be partnering with Sabra Hummus to bring you this delicious and easy breakfast recipe.
Can we talk about New Years resolutions for a minute? I’m not super in love with them; they feel like a huge buzzkill after the holidays. On the other hand, I’m certainly feeling the need to get it together, eat healthier and just feel better in general after all of that rich holiday food. My jeans are also giving me some serious side eye. So there’s that.
I always begin with eating – and breakfast in particular – when my pants are acting all judgey. My go-to for breakfast is usually toast, but it can get boring real fast. One of my favorite ways to jazz up toast is with hummus. Hummus toast makes such a delicious and easy breakfast recipe. Plus, with so many different ways to top it, it never gets boring.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS HUMMUS TOAST?
- Sabra Hummus: Any flavor will work, but I love the roasted red pepper.
- Quick Pickled Red Onions
- Fresh Parsley (optional)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Toast with just hummus is great on it’s own, but I love all of these added layers. You can use one or all of them to create a delicious and interesting breakfast that never gets old.
My absolute favorite part about this recipe is the way that the pickled red onions compliment the hummus perfectly. They are the perfect combination of tangy and mellow flavors. But I didn’t stop there – I added some tomatoes, and a fried egg. to make this recipe a breakfast that left me full and happy all morning.
OTHER GREAT TOPPINGS FOR HUMMUS TOAST
- feta cheese
- black beans
- sesame seeds
- roasted red peppers
Hummus Toast Recipe
- 1 piece wheat bread toasted
- 2 tablespoons Sabra hummus
- 1 tablespoon quick pickled red onions
- 2 slices vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 egg
- fresh parsley optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a small non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Put bread in the toaster and toast.
- While the toast is toasting, break an egg and gently crack into the middle of the pan to prevent a lot of spreading. Cook for about a minute, until the white has set. Lower the heat, cover and continue cooking for another three minutes.
- Spread the hummus on the toast, top with the pickled onions, then the tomatoes, and finally slide the egg out of the pan and onto the hummus toast.
- Add fresh parsley, salt, and pepper, if you wish.
You might also like