This Italian Seasoning Recipe makes a nice big batch that allows you to have it on hand anytime you want to make a great recipe. If you are asking yourself “What can I use instead of Italian Seasoning?” skip buying the Italian seasoning packet all together and just make a batch of this!
Happy Friday my friends! I have a few more great summer picnic recipes coming your way! (Did you try my Healthy Potato Salad or my Shrimp Pasta Salad yet???) One of them is coming on Monday and it uses some of this super easy Italian Seasoning Recipe, so I wanted to make sure that it was in your hot little hands before then.
WHAT IS ITALIAN SEASONING
Italian seasoning is sort of a cheaters way of seasoning Italian cooking. It is made up with a blend of spices and herbs that are often found in Italian cooking. Since there are many recipes out there that call for “Italian Seasoning” it is nice to have a simple recipe for it that you can throw together with the spices you already have on hand.
WHAT’S IN ITALIAN SEASONING
Like most recipes out there, there are lots of different ways to do this recipe, but this is what I put it in it, and I think it’s amazing!
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- dried parsley
- garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- dried marjoram
- dried thyme
- dried rosemary
Of those, my guess is the only one you maybe aren’t familiar with is marjoram. It’s a plant found in Southern Europe in the oregano family. It is a lot like oregano but with not quite as strong of a taste.
ITALIAN SEASONING USES
- This Two Ingredient Skinny Veggie Dip is a simple easy snack.
- My family would love these Italian Herb Oven Fries.
- Legit drooling over these Hot Italian Sandwiches.
- I would love to have my way with this Italian-Herb Party Mix.
- This Italian Chicken and Potatoes would make such an easy crock pot meal!
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- Mix the ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
Other great seasoning mixes to keep on hand: