These Italian Sloppy Joes are an AMAZING twist on a the classic sloppy joes recipe and come together super fast! This 35 minute meal will be a hit with your entire family.
You guys the end of the school year always sneaks up on me and smacks me in the face. And then when I’m down and bruised it stands over me laughing. Mocking me.
It’s so much like Christmas time! There is so.much.to.do. And you know there is so much to do. It always comes at the same time of year every year, year after year. In theory you could totally prepare and get ahead of things.
But that particular theory requires being on top of your game. #somethingiamNOT
So. In the spirit of the end of the school year (fourth circle of hell), and in the hopes that I am not the only one drowning in a sea of chaos, permission slips, missing paperwork, and emails I haven’t responded to, I have a super easy recipe for you.
ITALIAN SLOPPY JOES RECIPE
These require just a small amount of dicing and measuring and come together in one pan. And cheese. I mean, sloppy joes are good, but melty cheese makes them AMAZING! I love the classic Italian flavors of this and just the hint of classic sloppy joe flavor in the background.
This recipe will easily feed four, but requires very little extra work to double it and then you have some awesome leftovers! Seriously, they are absolutely delicious and are sure to become a family favorite!
OTHER GREAT FAST DINNERS
Italian Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound lean ground beef I used 90/10
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 a green bell pepper diced
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps oregano
- 2 tsps basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a large nonstick skillet brown the meat with the vegetables until no longer pink and the vegetables wilt. Drain off the extra liquid.
- Add in the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, and dash of pepper.
- Put the bottom halves of the hamburger buns on a baking sheet. Top with sloppy joe mix. Top each with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Put the sheet into the oven (leaving the tops of the buns out) for a few minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven, top with the tops of the buns and serve.