This Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels recipe is the best appetizer to bring to a party! Put this on your Super Bowl appetizer list. If you need other great easy appetizers and finger foods, make these spinach balls or these instant pot cocktail meatballs!
I’m pretty sure one of my favorite peppers to cook with is the jalapeño. So yummy! I’ve infused tequila with it to make an amazing Jalapeño Margarita. I’ve infused vodka with it to make a delicious Jalapeño Bloody Mary.
But it’s even good not in alcohol! Go figure.
Jalapeño Poppers are maybe one of my favorite appetizers. There is something about the spicy pepper and the nice cool cream cheese that go so well together. I love this great spin on the classic appetizer <—— see what I did there? ????
HOW TO MAKE JALAPEÑO POPPER PINWHEELS
- The key to this recipe turning out well is making sure that your cream cheese is at room temperature. The best way to do that is leave it cut out in pieces on the counter for a half hour.
- I also used pickled jalapeños because they are the greatest thing that has ever happened. Ever. You could use fresh jalapeños, but I don’t know if we can be friends anymore. Just kidding.
- For the bacon crumbles, there are these delightful little pieces of bacon that you can buy right by the bacon bits in the salad aisle (they come in a bag and are sold by all the major bacon brands). They are my new favorite lazy fix.
- Using dental floss to cut the pinwheels after you have it all rolled up makes these come out just perfect!
OTHER GREAT GAME DAY APPETIZERS
You might also like these other great appetizers, perfect for a game day party! I love these Veggie Cream Cheese Roll Ups! I love every single thing about this Warm Spinach Feta Cheese Dip! And I’m legitimately drooling over these Cheesy Bacon Tator Tots.
Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels
- 2 packages seamless crescent roll dough
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup jarred sliced jalapeños diced
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon pieces found pre cooked in the salad aisle
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread out your crescent roll doughs. Spread half of the cream cheese on one sheet of dough, and half the cream cheese on the other. Sprinkle half the shredded cheese on one roll and half the shredded cheese on the other. Do the same with the jalapeño peppers, half on one sheet, half on the other. Repeat with the bacon pieces.
- Roll each roll up tightly. Using a piece of floss, or a piece of fishing line, and put it underneath your roll up in the middle. Cross the ends of the floss over the top of the roll and pull. It will make a clean slice through the roll up. Repeat on each piece, putting it in the middle of the pice until you have 8 equal pieces.
- Place the pieces flat side down on parchment paper or a silicon lined baking mat. Bake for 10 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
More great party food!
This post contains affiliate links, thank you in advance for supporting Wine & Glue.