What kid doesn’t go bonkers for soda? For me when I was younger, it was Orange Crush! Something about that syrupy sweet concoction just guaranteed a good day. As an adult, you can enjoy that same orange elation with this tempting Orange Whiskey Cocktail.
WHAT GOES IN AN ORANGE WHISKEY COCKTAIL?
This simple whiskey recipe offers an orange twist on classic whiskey cocktails like the original whiskey sour, or the seven & seven. It combines the robust taste of whiskey with a tangy orange liqueur, orange bitters, and of course, a little lemon-lime fizz. Because carbonation is not just for the kiddos, am I right? These flavors blend beautifully into a quenching cocktail that you’ll want to serve up (on the rocks) again and again. If you love this recipe, you’ll be blown away by my Wine and Whiskey Cocktail. Or try this Whiskey Sour Punch at your next backyard party and revel in all the praise!
HOW DO YOU MAKE AN ORANGE WHISKEY COCKTAIL?
- This party in your mouth comes together in a snap with just a few ingredients. Start with a good whiskey. Knob Creek is one of my favorites, but you could use any you have on hand.
- Next it’s time to pack in the flavor. Triple Sec or Cointreau will add a strong, sweet orange twist to this simple whiskey cocktail.
- Mix in just a hint of orange bitters to add to the orange depth.
- Grab your favorite lemon-lime soda and stir together.
- Pour over a giant ice cube and cheers! Instant refreshment!
You may never go back to a classic seven & seven again! Now, if you’re looking to cut a few calories but want a quality cocktail, try this Skinny Orange Blueberry Mojito, which uses low skinny Triple Sec, or this All-Natural Whiskey Sour. You may also love “The Champ” Bourbon Cocktail. There are so many twists on classic whiskey recipes; enjoy the journey and happy experimenting!
Orange Whiskey Cocktail
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 1 tablespoon cointreau or triple sec
- 1 teaspoon orange bitters
- 6 ounces lemon lime soda
- Mix all of the ingredients together and serve with a large ice cube .
This post contains affiliate links, if you click on them and then make a purchase, I make a small amount of money at no additional cost to you. Thank you in advance for supporting Shake. Drink. Repeat.