This Pasta Taco Casserole comes together FAST and is such a hearty, comforting dinner!
The other day I kind of gave myself a pep talk and was like: THIS IS IT LISA. GET IT TOGETHER. IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE IT THIS SCHOOL YEAR YOU NEED A SCHEDULE.
It turns out that my pep talk voice is LOUD.
So I pulled out this huge desk calendar and planned every second of our lives for the next month including what we are going to eat and when. If it’s not on the schedule, it doesn’t happen.
I predict that this schedule will hold until about Thursday. Wait. What day is today? Wednesday? Yes. Thursday.
I don’t know what it is, but something about having things PLANNED OUT makes me a happier human. Even when things don’t go according to plan #theynevergoaccordingtoplan
If you are also trying to herd those pesky little ducks and get them into rows, you are probably doing some menu planning. And if that is the case, you are going to want to throw this bad boy on there. It is about a 35 minute meal. About. And it is delicious and satisfying and totally comforting. Totally perfect for fall and back to school. Plus? Taco. Taco is always a win, guys.
Does this Pasta Taco Casserole look familiar?
It is because this is a comfort food dinner twist on my Taco Pasta Salad! If you are looking for some other great dinners with a taco vibe, you will want to try my Slow Cooker Taco Chicken and my Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup!
Pasta Taco Casserole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 14 oz diced tomatoes drained
- 1/2 pound cooked rotini
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cups crushed Doritos
- Top with lettuce sour cream, fresh tomatoes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat the olive oil.
- Add the onion and green bell pepper and cook until softened, about four minutes.
- Add in the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Add in the taco seasoning and then drain the fat off of the beef and veggies.
- Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. To the baking dish add the beef and veggies, cooked pasta, salsa, diced tomatoes, and cheddar cheese. Mix to combine and then spread to an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then top with crusted Doritos and serve.
Other casserole recipes you’ll love
Chili Relleno Casserole from Belly Full
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole from Mom on Timeout
Enchilada Stuffed Pepper Casserole from The Cookie Rookie
Other dinner recipes you HAVE to try!