Perfect sugar cookies that will be everything you want it to be! Buttery, delicious, and addictive!
PHOTOS UPDATED OCTOBER 2015
The Perfect Sugar Cookie
This soft sugar cookie recipe is going to become your new favorite cookie recipe! They are chewy, buttery, and tasty. They have the perfect crisp outside and the best soft center. Not only that, but they are easy to spin off into other great cookie recipes. These lemon sugar cookies and pumpkin sugar cookies come from this recipe. Not only that, but they make the best cookie bars like in these caramel apple bars. And they would be great with this vanilla buttercream frosting on top.
So this is the very first recipe that I’ve attempted to make and then photograph since having Piper.
Ummm . . . . this is a whole new ball game. Holy difficult! And my sleep deprived baby brain has completely forgotten how to take and style pictures. Not to mention that in the month since I have had her, the lighting in my house has COMPLETELY changed. Trees that were fairly bare, are suddenly totally filled in, and the time and place that photos used to work in my house . . . just doesn’t any more.
Enough of my sad story.
So these, as the title suggests, are the absolute perfect sugar cookie. They are buttery, soft, delicious, and once you make them you won’t ever use a different recipe. The recipe comes from America’s Test Kitchen, and while I normally wouldn’t straight up post a recipe that I didn’t tweak at least a little, there is no need to reinvent the wheel here. I made this recipe approximately 7,000 times while I was pregnant with Gavin because everyone knows that eating snippets of cookie dough rather than an actual cookie doesn’t count towards your daily caloric intake and I didn’t want to gain too much pregnancy weight. 😉
These cookies are so amazing in fact, that they are the main ingredient for another recipe coming your way soon.
Perfect Sugar Cookie Recipe
Perfect Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 14 TBSPS butter 1 3/4 stick at room temperature
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With your mixer on medium, mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs (one at a time) and then the vanilla until well combined.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture until well combined, with your mixer set to low. Scrape down the paddle and the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Roll the dough into one inch sized balls. (Optional: Roll in sugar) Place on a parchment lined baking sheet or silicon mat and press down slightly. Space the cookies about two inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking. (I baked mine in three batches)
- Let cool on the pan for about two minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe from America’s Test Kitchen
You might also like
These Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwich Cookies smell like childhood!
Chocolate lovers need these Double Chocolate Cookies!
And this Skillet Cookie is a cookie for one, yes?
Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies