This No Bake Pina Colada Lush is super simple to throw together, but is absolutely delicious! Perfect for picnics and parties! If you love the flavors of a Pina Colada, you will LOVE this recipe!
I kind of can’t believe that there’s an easy dessert out there that I didn’t really know about and that I hadn’t already blogged about. But lo and behold, we have found one. Obviously I needed to change that and quickly.
So . . . . if I’m being totally honest, I was totally intimidated to create a lush. Which couldn’t be more ridiculous, because they are a crazy simple dessert. But it’s just not something I was familiar with and I didn’t know all the lush rules. To be clear, there are plenty of lush rules I’m familiar with, just not no bake layered dessert lush rules. 😉
But, when it comes to easy desserts, there kind of are no rules, right? So I think in general most lushes have a crust of some sort (broken cookies, nuts, pretzels, what have you), then a layer that is whipped cream and cream cheese blended together, then a pudding layer, more whipped cream, and a fun topping. Yes? Lush experts feel free to weigh in here.
(I need you all to know that it is taking all my self control to not make this post ENTIRELY lush/alcohol jokes. You’re welcome.)
So, this is my first attempt, and I’m really happy with how it turned out! There is an Oreo crust, a layer with some pineapple in there, some coconut pudding, and then more toasted coconut on top. You guys, it probably took me less than a half hour to throw this together. I’m not kidding. It is crazy easy to make, and it really does have that pina colada taste to it. It’s such a perfect no bake recipe.
Annnnnnd, now I have all the ingredients for my second lush attempt. HAZAH!
Pina Colada Lush
- 20 golden Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature (I used Philadelphia)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz crushed pineapple drained (can also use 1/3 cup drained crushed pineapple)
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 3.4 oz instant coconut pudding mix
- 1 cup milk I used skim
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- cherries for garnish
- Crush 20 golden Oreos and mix them with three tablespoons of melted unsalted butter. Press into the bottom of an 8 by 8 glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together 8 ounces room temperature cream cheese, 4 oz whipped topping, the powdered sugar and the pineapple until fully combined. Evenly distribute over the Oreo crust.
- Mix together the milk and the coconut instant pudding (you can even use the same bowl as from the cream cheese mixture without cleaning it). Let it sit for a few minutes before evenly spreading over the cream cheese layer.
- Top with the remaining 4 oz of whipped topping and then top with the toasted coconut. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
You might also like these no bake treats!