This Roasted Cauliflower recipe has just a few simple ingredients and will become a regular side dish recipe in your house! Even my pickiest eaters love this recipe.
I’m proud to be working with Meijer to bring you this easy side dish!
You guys know by now that I am a proud ambassador of Meijer Stores. (Did you happen to catch my delicious Summer Salad I made with their great fresh produce last month?). Well, I’m trilled to be telling you about their fantastic Free Prescription Drug program!
Meijer is so excited to be announcing that since the program’s launch in 2006, it has filled 50 million prescriptions – that’s more than $650 million in customer savings! The program was started to help families get needed prescriptions regardless of insurance or co-pay, given the rise of health care costs. Just another reason why I’m so proud to represent such an amazing company – health and well being of their customers is a huge priority.
In addition to their great pharmacy, Meijer has so many things in store to help families stay committed to healthy living – like their amazing produce!
EASY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE
I am always working on new side dish recipes that are good for my kids and provide another serving of vegetables in their diet. We love this easy roasted cauliflower recipe because it totally fits the bill.
On top of that, my pickiest eater devours this. That kid requests this one! That is like a gold seal of approval for a recipe.
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
I love the ease of this roasted cauliflower recipe. It comes together with just a few steps before you pop it in the oven.
- Cut up or break apart a head of cauliflower, and put the pieces in a large bowl.
- Add extra virgin olive oil to coat.
- Sprinkle with spices
- Toss to combine and pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet before tossing it in the oven.
HOW TO CUT A CAULIFLOWER HEAD
There are two ways that you can break up a cauliflower head to make this recipe.
Start by cutting the cauliflower head in half. Working with just one half of the head, make two cuts, each angling in to the other, to remove the stem from the flowerets. Repeat with the other half and then cut the flowerets into bite sized pieces.
In method two, you just start breaking flowerets off the head. Continue to do this until you have broken off all of the pieces away from the stem and broken them into smaller bite sized pieces.
Most people use method one, but I find them to be about the same amount of time.
OTHER GREAT HEALTHY SIDES
Like I said, I’m always trying to come up with healthy sides for my family, here are a few more you can use with the great produce from Meijer.
- GRILLED PINEAPPLE We actually make this on our indoor grill a lot and enjoy it year round.
- CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD This is a favorite of mine!
- EASY BEET SALAD I love the health benefits of beets, and I love how easy this salad is.
If you make this recipe or any of the others listed please leave me a comment and let me know!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (NOT garlic salt)
- Preaheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the head of cauliflower in half. Working with one half at a time, make two angled cuts into the cauliflower (the cuts will meet each other), to remove the stem and all the greens.
- Cut the flowerets into bite sized pieces. Repeat with the other half. Put all the pieces in a large bowl.
- Coat the cauliflower with olive oil. Then sprinkle with salt and garlic powder and toss to combine. Pour onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Meijer. The opinions and text are all mine.